Son in law Ben / Melbourne Stars

Here wishing Ben best of luck with his career.. Hopefully we will see him in Australian Cricket very soon. ;)

No player profile on cricinfo?

I'm sure he'll get there :)

Great news for the family, good luck to him.

Out of interest, do the first-season rookies tend to play many games?

He's a rookie contracted player so he most likely won't be picked unless someone else in the squad gets injured and he gets a call up to the squad. Then he has to be picked in the XI on top of that. And the Stars roster is pretty damn stacked with international talent (Quiney, White, Wade, Maxwell, Hodge, Wright, Hussey, Faulkner, Hastings, McKay, Malinga)

That being said, Solomon Mire for the Renegades got upgraded from Rookie status yesterday due to an injury in the squad, so it's not completely out of the question.

Last edited:
Cheers, I see.

This is BBL, right? Do they have a thing like in IPL where they have to pick a certain amount of younger home nation players?

Yep BBL. Starts tonight (Stars vs Renegades)

I think the only squad requirement/restriction is you can't have more than 2 international players available for selection at any one time. So for example, the Renegades are starting the season with Murali and Jos Buttler. Buttler will be replaced by Mohammed Hafeez after Hafeez has completed his international duties.

And each team can sign a developmental rookie, and a community rookie (although neither are part of the actual squad so aren't available for selection)

Well, the Stars had a good win last night, that's for sure. Good to see Jackson Bird back and firing, he would be in my opinion next in line for another test birth.

Never stop dreaming :p

Couldn't be any worse than Will Sheridan last night

congrats Ross and to all your family. Hope he does really well.

Ben gave an interview on the big screen at the MCG today. I must say I was disappointed that he didn't give DBC14 a plug :p

Ben gave an interview on the big screen at the MCG today. I must say I was disappointed that he didn't give DBC14 a plug :p

He's not allowed too, he's a Cricket Australia boy now :)

Users who are viewing this thread