Son in law Ben / Melbourne Stars

Mine was "Yes, but you'll have to play for the Thunder..." or something similar sounding, if anyone remotely cares...

Mine was "Yes, but you'll have to play for the Thunder..." or something similar sounding, if anyone remotely cares...

What was the language? As you mentioned cyrillic... I speak a little Russian and it obviously wasn't that (or Ukranian or Bulgarian, I think...)

I was attempting pidgion-Russian from the time I tried to learn a few years ago and failed dramatically; but then I switched to Lithuanian which I more a little more of... It uses the Latin alphabet, but the problem is that it uses a lot of accented latin letters which aren't included in the (assuming ASCII) character set of PC so I had to change a few letters to maybe make it make sense to someone...

Ben made 112 yesterday against some "renegade" bowling, he's 12th man tomorrow.

Apart from Ben the Stars only have 11 players available for selection today. So you'd think he'd be a good shot to get a run on the field as a sub fielder at some stage

Hope so, walking into the G now - team's depleted because his mates were busy yesterday beating up some poms :)

Last edited:
Yeah it's a shame he's not starting but he's had a great experience so far, becoming friends with Viv and getting personal lessons from him is pretty cool.

That signed Melbourne shirt you're posting over to me better be in the post... #AlongWithTheGame

Yeah it's a shame he's not starting but he's had a great experience so far, becoming friends with Viv and getting personal lessons from him is pretty cool.

It definitely is, there's probably not a developing batsman alive who'd turn down the opportunity for some pointers from him.

Viv Richards cricket 15???

Users who are viewing this thread