South Africa in Bangladesh

That's more like it SA. After the last game they probably got a good old rev up and are really taking this seriously now.

Doesn't matter what the opposition is or how good the pitch is, that amount of runs for no loss for a whole day is an amazing achievement. The interesting thing will be seeing how Bangladesh go on the pitch. SA will probably have to aim to bat once.

Last edited:
Smith and McKenzie scored 405 runs so far in one day without losing a wicket. They can break the record of opening stand of 413 runs tomorrow.

Graeme Smith, as much as i hate the bloke, he is one hell of a batsman, even if he is playing against Bangladesh. Lara's record a possibility ? I hope not. ;p. Great performance from Smith and McKenzie thus far though, be cool if they break the record.

Graeme Smith, as much as i hate the bloke, he is one hell of a batsman, even if he is playing against Bangladesh. Lara's record a possibility ? I hope not. ;p. Great performance from Smith and McKenzie thus far though, be cool if they break the record.

No. Laras record deserve to be broken against better side than Bangladesh or Zims.

That another poor from Bangladesh!Looking like they don't want to learn..
I still doubt ICC made this decision in hurry to give Bangladesh a test status..
They are not at all competitive in Tests..

well this isn't surprising at all, after another weak start to a test series South Africa come back and beat down on the opponent.

That another poor from Bangladesh!Looking like they don't want to learn..
I still doubt ICC made this decision in hurry to give Bangladesh a test status..
They are not at all competitive in Tests..

So that last game wasn't competitive?

SAF didn't bat well there so it looked like competitive.So you can't expect good teams to do always bad performance.In last match also Bangladesh was average but SAF was poor.Did you see how kallis get out in last match?He gave his wicket..Anyway You remember any tests in which Bangladesh fought to win??They always tried to resist between these great test playing teams as far as test is concerned..I don't want to hurt Bangladesh fan or you but we have been watching from long time.They don't want to learn..

Of course they do, they have some talented players. If I was a Bangladeshi board member I'd be telling all my groundsman to make bowler friendly wickets, it evens the teams up. Also where batsman learn the most, the quickest.

Bangadesh have played 52 test Matches.Out of that 46 times they lost.5 times they did draw and they won only one test Match..
52 Test match is so much..Now more shocking Stats-Out of 46 lost 39 times they have lost on 4th day or before that..
They won only one Match and that also against Zimbabwe..When their X-captain Habibul Basar scored well in both innings.

Many other teams struggled when coming into international cricket, given that imo I think there are more competitive teams it's not surprising they've struggled. They have some good players.

Bangladesh need more new teams to be inducted into test arena but those teams should be kept away from top 6 teams.

Many other teams struggled when coming into international cricket, given that imo I think there are more competitive teams it's not surprising they've struggled. They have some good players.

Actually no..Nobody struggle this much..53 test matches is more than Enough.
When Zimbabwe played 53 test Matches they already won 6.And did 19 draw..
When Srilanka have played their first 56 test matches they won 9 and did 15 draw..

Bangladesh need more new teams to be inducted into test arena but those teams should be kept away from top 6 teams.

Ya so you want Sid,ICC should give test status to Bermuda so Bangladesh can win..:p
BangladeshVs
Aus played 4, lost 4
Eng played 4, lost 4
Ind played 5, lost 4, Draw 1
Nz played 6, lost 6
Pak played 6, lost 6
Saf played 5, lost 5
Sri played 10, lost 10
Wi played 4 , lost 3, Draw 1

Zim played 8 , lost 4,Draw 3 , Won 1..

Last edited:
Bangladesh are a young side, a side still learning the international game, but they will definetly be a good, consistently competitive side in 2-3 years. They have some brilliant talent with Ashraful, Tamim, Rafique, Razzak, Nafees, Mortaza etc. If they're given the chance in international cricket they'll succeed, they have a fantastic base of talent, they just need time to develop.

Bangladesh as a young side have probably some of the largest potential in the game. The majority of their players now are totally new to test cricket, and they haven't had the same financial backing and time as the other test nations and so they haven't been able to put in place the same facility qualities.

They do have enough quality to compete and they have shown that on more than one occaision. I'll point you to the last test against SA and the last World Cup. They got battered by New Zealand because they don't play the seaming ball in Bangladesh. They have to be given time. They'll only improve if they are given time.

They're main problem is that despite being competitive they have a ridiculous lack in consistancy. They can play very well, ala the last test, but they can then turn up and be dreadful, ala the current test.

Users who are viewing this thread