South Africa in West Indies

What will be outcome of the ODI series?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
True, although the pitch seems to have nothing in it for the faster bowlers. And South Africa have no spinners in their team. I do not count Nicky Boje and Graeme Smith as quality spinners. It'll probably end a draw.

briilant start by west indes they should make 600 but i dont think they have quality bowlers to get out the south africans

unless they chuck a few surprises in bowling as they did nt batting

Yeah mate! West Indies done well in batting and now they're gonna have to bowl well to get SA all out. Great batting by S. Chanderpaul and WW Hinds.

1st Test Stumps Day 2

West Indies 1st Inning 543/5 declare (W.Hinds 213, Chanderpaul 203*) (Nel 3/93)
South Africa 1st Inning 2/0

South Africa trail by 541 runs with 10 wickets remaining in the 1st innings
_40983249_chand270.jpg

Chanderpaul claims a double ton

Revise odds after Day 2

Odds:

West Indies - 10/3
Draw - 1/5
South Africa - 16/1

Betting will be open until 2nd April at 13:00 GMT.

It wasn't a very good declaration. They should of batted on till lunch to try to reach 650 or so.

I think not because the pitch is too good to really try and force a follow-on. 5 wickets fell in almost 2 complete days of cricket. If West Indies batted any longer then they would be giving themselves less than 3 days to bowl South Africa out on a good pitch. I think the rain is also playing a major role in this game. Pretty good declaration I feel. If the pitch has any surprises, South Africa may still have to follow on.

south africa 16/3 smith out, kallis and rudoplh gone for a duck :eek:

1st Test Stumps Day 3

West Indies 1st Inning 543/5 declare (W.Hinds 213, Chanderpaul 203*) (Nel 3/93)
South Africa 1st Inning 130/6

South Africa trail by 413 runs with 4 wickets remaining in the 1st innings

Revise odds after Day 3

Odds:

West Indies - 2/1
Draw - 1/3
South Africa - 50/1

Betting will be open until 3rd April at 13:00 GMT.

Their bowling side is pretty much the same as their full strength side. Their batting side didn't do all that well. Hinds and Chanderpaul are part of their full strength side anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread