South Africa vs Zimbabwe & Pakistan, October-November 2010/11

sami ullah khan

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Amla has hit a purple patch but I guess soon bowlers will find a chink in his shiny armor. I have not seen him play a lot of hook shots? May be he can be tested with good fast deliveries?

sami ullah khan

Panel of Selectors
I can't understand the way prince and boucher have batted. They are basically ensuring a draw rather than going for the win. Adnan Akmal's voice is worst than his brother :facepalm. I hope same is not the case with his keeping.

Last edited:

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
Pakistani batsmen responded pretty well. I don't understand really what Prince and Boucher are doing right now. Only 16 runs of the last 10 overs. They do know they win a Test match or not?

Adnan Akmal is putting a show there with his continuous ''well done'''. Even the commentators were laughing about it.

stefan

International Coach
Amla has hit a purple patch but I guess soon bowlers will find a chink in his shiny armor. I have not seen him play a lot of hook shots? May be he can be tested with good fast deliveries?

He plays the hook/pull shot in odi cricket. In test cricket he just gets out of the way. He used to get out to the short deliver a lot when he first came into test cricket, had lots of issues with harmison. But worked on it and it isn't an issue for him now.

I really am frustrated with the lack of intent shown by kallis,prince and boucher today. Peterson,amla and ab showed great intent but these three :facepalm

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
Pakistan were set a target of 354 to get from 82 overs.

At the moment it's 327 runs from 73 overs. If Pakistan approach this an ODI innings they could even reach the target. I feel they should bat around an average of 3 till the end of the first session. Then with an average of 4 till the second session. If there are enough wickets left they should go for the victory. You don't see often such a chance to win against South Africa in a Test.

sami ullah khan

Panel of Selectors
Once again Pakistan make an average bowler (Paul Harris) look like Shane Warne. As of now he has bowled 13 overs for 15 runs and taken two wickets :facepalm. I can't believe how our batsmen do it over and over again. They have given five wickets hauls to Monty Panersar, Hauritz and Harris who are all mediocre spinners at best.

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
The latest three wickets fell for no run. It really changed the fate of this match.

From the way Pakistan is batting they are going to settle for a draw. Biggest surprise is the non-performance of Younis Khan and the batting performance of Misbah-ul-Haq.

sami ullah khan

Panel of Selectors
Azhar Ali has got a lot of patience. He may not be overly talented but he sure is gutsy.

sami ullah khan

Panel of Selectors
Pakistan have drawn the series against a much better side. It bodes well for our cricket. New guys have finally stood up for the team and have shown that they can fill in the void left open by senior due to various reasons. I am specially impressed by Tanvir's bowling. Azhar Ali and Asad Shafique have shown that our bench strength with regards to batting is not that brittle.

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
So far in this year they have drawn the series against Australia and South Africa. That's not bad at all.

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
Pakistan without any big names have still managed to put some good test match performances this year. They have won at least one game against England and Australia and have drawn series against what most people consider as best test team in world with most feared bowling attack.

SciD added 0 Minutes and 40 Seconds later...

They also had chance to win at Sydney. Was it this year?

Aoun13

Chairman of Selectors
Profile Flag
Pakistan
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
^ yeah it was played in January.

Well to me Pakistan performance was as same as they were before.

We always struggle to win series in England against England, whether they have a quality team or not but this year they were surely a quality team and still we able to win a test against them.We had never been able o win a test against Aussie from 1996 but this team break this record and more amazingly we didn't have big names like Wasim,Waqar,Inzi,Saeed Anwar etc. So I am happy with their performance.

Another fact is that most of the teams win tests in home conditions, India played almost all the matches in home conditions(Srilankan conditions aren't very different to Indian conditions), also they have big players like Dravid, Tendulkar etc etc. So we always expect more from such teams containing such big names.

Still Pakistan's major concern is lack of ability to really understand what is a test batting and it will take some time to sort out this with such a new team. They lack the batting plan, sometimes they are ultra slow and hides in their shells which isn't a test batting and suddenly they start playing rash shots and are bundle out quickly. Why Amla, Kallis, AB played so well in this series or why Younis able to save 1st Test? and the answer is that they keep a very good balance between shot playing and leaving. They never went into their shells try to block every ball and never were batting like a slogger and that's the art of Test batting.

Bowling was not at all bad from Pakistan this series although they lost two of their front line test bowlers. Bad umpiring was also a reason which have its impact on drawing this series.

So overall a good test and ODI series and unexpectedly a very poor T20 series for Pakistan.

Users who are viewing this thread