South African Tour of India 2010

Well deserving hundred for VVS!!! very well played! Dhoni is now also set for his first hundred at Eden Gardens.

WOW!!

Laxman is Very Very Special.:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap

deepuparayil added 1 Minutes and 18 Seconds later...

No man, we don't want to bat again in this pitch.So a lead of 350+ is more suitable.

Its always better to have more time on our hands to bowl out the opposition. Our bowling is`nt in the greatest of form and we are looking to win this game. I`d rather have to chase 150 odd in the fourth innings and ahve sufficient time for that than waste time scoring those 50 runs today.

aditya123 added 3 Minutes and 21 Seconds later...

I see it this way. Even if you get a lead of 400, if the opposition bats well and scores 500, they`d have taken time out of the game anyway. You`d rather have a smaller lead and more time to bowl the opposition out and come out and chase a smallish total in the fourth innings.

Someone said during the first test that VVS would not have made a lot of difference because he is simply overrated. If anything, that guy is underrated.
Tumtum said that. Very Very Special Laxman
proved his importance once again at historic Eden. Now Dhoni will get to his century and Innings will be declared after little more fireworks.

India have to start the fireworks now and aim to add as much as possible and give SA 10 overs or above (should add 5 overs to it for bad light). They are not troubled here at all, btu the game is moving too slowly now.

Good one from Dhoni! Sachin missed out on a double ton here. Vijay and Badri must be cursing their luck. Lot of runs could have been had by them.

LOL Dhoni swatted that one over the fence! :clap

CaptainOZ added 0 Minutes and 52 Seconds later...

And again!!! Man, this is total domination. :eek:

Twin blasts for six by Dhoni!!! Well, TAKE THAT SA!! Wanna see more of those sixes from Dhoni. Atleast show them in the tests.

He is overrated. Quite a poor average for today's decade.

You`ve got to look at the contribution he makes and not just the average. He has batted at No.6 for most part of his career and has had Sachin,Sehwag,Dravid, Ganguly and now Gambhir as a part of the lineup. There have been plenty of occasions where he had to come out when India were looking for a quick declaration or had to press on batting with the tail. He`s made fine contributions in situations where India needed a miracle to save them.

Definitely not overrated.

aditya123 added 3 Minutes and 11 Seconds later...

I don`t see a point in declaring today now, with bad light which sets in around 4.15. We`d rather bat on, not accept the bad light offered and press on to get a lead of 400 today itself. I remember how we did that at Headingley in 2002. Tendulkar and Ganguly decided to play on despite bad light being offered and gave us some real entertainment, pure ownage of Harmisson, Flintoff, Caddick and Co that day.

Users who are viewing this thread