South African Tour of India 2010

I'd like to see Dhoni rapidly reach his highest Test score and get a 150

CaptainOZ added 9 Minutes and 14 Seconds later...

This is the third highest partnership ever for the 7th wicket. How about that

India will probably head to push their lead over to 500. The advantage of the plan is that SA have to probably bat out 2 days at approx., and give trail India, or save their bats and faces to draw the game. Day 4 and Day 5 can be crucial, so India wouldn't want to get out there again making it twice and lose valuable time in the manner.

India for the win. Played too well already to be deserving winners. But i keep my word. ;) :D........!!!!!!!!!!

Declaration has come! 347 run mammoth lead for India! Awesome batting. If Zaheer Khan picks up Smith as he always does, it would round off a really great day for India. This day almost mirrored that 4th day at Eden Gardens vs Australia in 2001 where Laxman and Dravid absolutely powdered Aussie bowlers to dust.

Such a waste. We could`ve batted out the whole of today. Not a lot of overs left and bad light will most probable come in.

Yesterday we were thinking to atleast get 100 runs lead and suddenly we have 347 runs lead in the end of day with losing just 1 wicket. It's amazing !

Friend863 added 1 Minutes and 10 Seconds later...

Such a waste. We could`ve batted out the whole of today. Not a lot of overs left and bad light will most probable come in.
Any bowler will like to bowl to batsman with tired legs rather than fresh legs.

Declaration has come! 347 run mammoth lead for India! Awesome batting. If Zaheer Khan picks up Smith as he always does, it would round off a really great day for India. This day almost mirrored that 4th day at Eden Gardens vs Australia in 2001 where Laxman and Dravid absolutely powdered Aussie bowlers to dust.

Smith will be the key in this innings. He usually does well in the last innings of a series (you can hardly call this one a series though).

Laxman's average is only under 50 because he started so badly. In the 20 Tests before the 281 at Eden Gardens, he averaged about 28. He was lucky to still have his spot, but what is true now was true then, he looked like a special player.

So what do those 20 matches matter now? There are less than 10 batsmen who have played 90 Test matches. A batsman averaging 50+ after 30 matches is a larva by comparison.

Any bowler will like to bowl to batsman with tired legs rather than fresh legs.

Do you now understand why I said that? With all the bad light around, it was obvious that SA would take it if offered and that we`ll not have much play in that case.However, India could`ve decided to say on and piled on some more runs.

Do you now understand why I said that? With all the bad light around, it was obvious that SA would take it if offered and that we`ll not have much play in that case.However, India could`ve decided to say on and piled on some more runs.
But atleast 5 overs was expected to bowl. So if the bowlers get any wicket it will be bonus

Brilliant day for us, South Africa will have to bat exceedingly well and score at least 500 to maybe avoid losing this match.

Or they could bat it out

I was thinking they would bat 5 sessions or so out, then set India something like 150+ in the last session. Either way it would be a draw.

Users who are viewing this thread