South African Tour of India 2010

Whats wrong with that? If its a 1-1 draw, both teams stay where they are in the rankings. What else would you expect from an even result like this?

aditya123 added 0 Minutes and 58 Seconds later...

I think it would be better if we get bowled out with 20-odd overs still left to play today.

Bowled out or declared. Let Laxman and Dhoni try for their hundreds. 20 overs would be good enough for SA to face (and maybe for us to get 2-3 wickets)

Anyone explain to me how India can get slaughtered in the 1st Test yet a win here would keep them top of the rankings?!?!
SA were at 120 points and India at 125 points before series and after 1st match SA gained 3 points because the win against the team above their ranking and India lost 2 or 3 points so even if India lost 3 points SA will be at 123 and India at 122 so if India win this one they will get atleast 2 points (or maybe 3 because they now have low points than SA) and India will remain at top at 124 or 125 points where as SA will lost 2 points and remain 2nd.
One batsman'll get out, India will fall and it'll be a draw
Aren't you saying this since Sehwag and Sachin partnership?

Friend863 added 6 Minutes and 3 Seconds later...

Laxman-"Welcome Steyn" :)

Last edited:
Laksman is playing some delightful shots. A lead of 220+ has put us in the control. Both the batsman should aim at Their 100s and we will have a lead of 250+.

Can`t we just call of that 3-match ODI series and fit in the 3rd test! Its been a great series so far.

Can`t we just call of that 3-match ODI series and fit in the 3rd test! Its been a great series so far.

Careful! Now someone might come in and say that you're saying it just because India are doing very well here:p

Superb batting so far from both Laxman and Dhoni. Both should get their centuries (esp. Laxman on Eden)

Someone said during the first test that VVS would not have made a lot of difference because he is simply overrated. If anything, that guy is underrated.

He has bailed India out of trouble so very often.

All eyes on Harbhajan and Mishra in the second innings. Will they get the turn needed to bowl SA out and get India that series levelling win and remain No.1? So far, no signs at all of the pitch doing any tricks. But it was the same case in 2001 when India scored 600 odd runs against Australia and then Australia started their match saving act quite well before they spectacularly collapsed to 212 all out handing India the win.

Dhoni should make Sachin bowl in the second innings (remember that Kolkata 3'wkt haul that won the game for us?)

Last edited:
I hate to say it but.. they're playing well :(

Hey MaD. Are you of Indian origin? You take part in those Bollywood movies discussions and here support SA. Just curious:D

Time to step up a gear or two. We don`t want to be batting the whole of today. We`ve been a bit too slow after tea, for my liking. Just press on, take the lead to 300 and then declare.

WOW!!

Laxman is Very Very Special.:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap

deepuparayil added 1 Minutes and 18 Seconds later...

Time to step up a gear or two. We don`t want to be batting the whole of today. We`ve been a bit too slow after tea, for my liking. Just press on, take the lead to 300 and then declare.

No man, we don't want to bat again in this pitch.So a lead of 350+ is more suitable.

They just want to make sure they get their tons. VVS has his now, so some fireworks could be in order.

Users who are viewing this thread