South African Tour of India 2010

Jadeja is bowling SUPERB today! DeVilliers bowled by Jadeja! Big big wicket there because DeVilliers is a major ODI player/star.

SaiSrini added 1 Minutes and 8 Seconds later...

Need more of these deliveries. :D

Jadeja has put up problem for India with his bowling as he is a poor batsman and we cannot play two spinners abroad.

We can afford to play Jadeja in ODI's. If we can bring back Irfan Pathan, we will play Pathan abroad and we will play Jadeja back in the subcontinent (or in spinning wickets).

That is not fair. Batsman should have got benefit of doubt. I am not sure any camera angle had good enough evidence to give that out.

From the left angle, the bat did not look to be grounded. From the right angle, it was looking a bit inconclusive. It was a surprise that the umpire ruled in favor of the bowling team. But I guess it was OUT!

Edit: It was OUT for sure! He grounded the bat only after the bails were removed. He was OUT!

WTF all 3 umpires are Indian, only the match referee is not Indian.

No decision has hurt RSA. Foreign umpire would have been sick.

scion_sid added 1 Minutes and 0 Seconds later...

Still was not conclusive at all, Sid. You do get four shadows of an object under this light. You can not give someone out on the bases of Shadows, come on.

See the replay in full motion. It shows he was grounding the bat, not sliding.

WTF all 3 umpires are Indian, only the match referee is not Indian.

Actually there was one English umpire appointed for this match. But he got dehydrated on last day of 3rd test. He is in hospital now. I forgot his name though. Davis, I guess.

Last edited:
I think it was a hasty decision by the 3rd umpire and he just ruled in favor of the home team. It should have been inconclusive and gone in the batsman favor.

Still was not conclusive at all, Sid. You do get four shadows of an object under this light. You can not give someone out on the bases of Shadows, come on.

The third angle confirmed that the batsmen had indeed not grounded the bat. The first and third angle showed that the bat wasnt grounded, the second angle was a lil' inconclusive. So I can understand the umpire giving it out.

We neeed Kallis, then we've got the game. I'm not relaxing until he's gone.

We're almost there. Get Kallis and thats the final nail on the coffin. A 100 run win would be fantastic.

I reckon Sreesanth is gonna keep the game alive till the last over. :facepalm

Users who are viewing this thread