South African Tour of India 2010

Lol, I'm guessing since Dhoni had some good words about Yusuf's role in the last match during the presentation, they've pretty much decided on Yusuf over Nayar as a finisher. Totally disagree with this. Nayar is more consistent, and if there is ever a collapse, Nayar is more likely to grind out a long knock than Yusuf.

Mithun in the ODI squad is stupid too. I guess there aren't many other options, but the guy isn't groomed enough for ODIs. Needs to learn variations, death bowling etc. His List A season has been horrid. Deserves a place in the Test squad, but can't really say he's ready for ODI cricket. Hopefully he gets a chance though for the heck of it, and does well. If Tyagi doesn't get a chance, well, I'd be speechless.

India's T20 World Cup probables are announced too, Pandey in a prelim squad for the first time(awesome, hope he has a great IPL now), Ashwin, Naman Ojha, Saha, Vinay Kumar make it and the rest were pretty much the same players who always make it. Good IPL performances could see surprise selections for the squad.

And, last, but definetely not the least, what a batsman Tendulkar is! Easily the best in the current era now! Absolute genius! Probably the best person you could choose from the current players to score the first 200 in ODI cricket too.

Mithun in the ODI squad is stupid too.
And, last, but definetely not the least, what a batsman Tendulkar is! Easily the best in the current era now! Absolute genius! Probably the best person you could choose from the current players to score the first 200 in ODI cricket too.

Well that will be known after mithun will be given a chance.

Tendulkar - :hpraise:clap

The way they tried to go after the bowling, you could say they tried a little too hard. Especially Kallis, Amla and Gibbs. There was nothing in the pitch or conditions to suggest that batting was harder during the night. Had they batted at a decent pace without taking too much of risks initially, the dew that came in bucketloads later on would have helped them up the tempo to great levels (they couldnt do it because they didnt have the good batsmen left at that time)

Gibbs and Kallis agreed, don't agree with amla. He played normal cricket shots, he just got a pull shot wrong. The ball was there to hit and he just didn't execute it correctly.

After SA series and IPL and T20 WC. What series is next for India?

Lol, I'm guessing since Dhoni had some good words about Yusuf's role in the last match during the presentation, they've pretty much decided on Yusuf over Nayar as a finisher. Totally disagree with this. Nayar is more consistent, and if there is ever a collapse, Nayar is more likely to grind out a long knock than Yusuf.

Mithun in the ODI squad is stupid too. I guess there aren't many other options, but the guy isn't groomed enough for ODIs. Needs to learn variations, death bowling etc. His List A season has been horrid. Deserves a place in the Test squad, but can't really say he's ready for ODI cricket. Hopefully he gets a chance though for the heck of it, and does well. If Tyagi doesn't get a chance, well, I'd be speechless.

India's T20 World Cup probables are announced too, Pandey in a prelim squad for the first time(awesome, hope he has a great IPL now), Ashwin, Naman Ojha, Saha, Vinay Kumar make it and the rest were pretty much the same players who always make it. Good IPL performances could see surprise selections for the squad.

Yeah, totally disagree with the selections so far. With the world cup just a year away, we cannot afford to be wasting ODIs going in with just 3 bowlers. We need to utilize every ODI, especially those played in India, and field an XI we wouldn't mind seeing in the WC. Nayar deserves a shout, over Yuseless for sure. This is what that guy always does. On flat tracks when we are in controlling positions he'll smack a few sixes and dazzle the crowd. Next time we are 35/3 or 50/4 a collapse is pretty much guaranteed. At least give his younger bro Irfan a go, we need help in the pace dept.

KKD = Dinesh Karthik.

Cricketman is known as a big fan of KKD in all the major cricket forums. :laugh

My friend I'm sorry I have to do this to you buuuut

633868185490238150-sarcasm.jpg

Why does Rohit Sharma keep getting picked? This is like a bad dream.

I wish the Indian selectors were a bit more inspiring with their selections. I say just give Manish Pandey a go.

Yeah, totally disagree with the selections so far. With the world cup just a year away, we cannot afford to be wasting ODIs going in with just 3 bowlers. We need to utilize every ODI, especially those played in India, and field an XI we wouldn't mind seeing in the WC. Nayar deserves a shout, over Yuseless for sure. This is what that guy always does. On flat tracks when we are in controlling positions he'll smack a few sixes and dazzle the crowd. Next time we are 35/3 or 50/4 a collapse is pretty much guaranteed. At least give his younger bro Irfan a go, we need help in the pace dept.

I still think we need someone to work with Irfan Pathan in a last ditch effort to get his pace back. But, yeah, totally in favour with Pathan making the side. However, Irfan is injured at the moment, and that's why he's missed out on the preliminary squad for the World T20 too.

And, yeah, Rohit Sharma has to be dropped for good. Not to mention, if Yusuf Pathan was picked on the basis of his Duleep Trophy final massacre, where he was dropped 5 times, why can't Manish Pandey get picked on the basis of his performance in the Ranji Trophy final, on a pitch that favoured the bowlers too? And he was the top run scorer in the season as well. I guess the likes of Pandey, Rahane, Pujara will just have to wait after the 2011 World Cup to get a chance. Because, the core group of players for the World Cup will be picked from those playing this last ODI, plus those who are injured/rested.

I like Murali Vijay too, but really, we have Sehwag/Gambhir/Tendulkar/Karthik/Yusuf who can open the batting, so I don't see how he would fit into the side looking at the 2011 World Cup.

Playing Third ODI
INDIA:
Murali Vijay
Dinesh Karthik
MS Dhoni(C)(WK)
Virat Kohli
Suresh Raina
Rohit Sharma
Yusuf Pathan
Amit Mishra/R.Ashwin
Sudeep Tyagi
Ashish Nehra