South African Tour of India 2010

I hope this Badri fellow ensures Failraj never plays Test cricket again. Very excited to see what the Indians on PC have been going on and on about.

I am with you on this one completely. Keep Yuvraj out of test cricket, and also we will have a stronger batting lineup if Badri clicks.

But dont be swayed by what we Indians get excited about. Because what we think/like of Badri, maybe it might not sound as good to you.

From what I have gathered is that he is a grafter and innings builder, not a flashy stroke player

Yeah, but Badri might have a tendency to falter in big situations. Especially when the selectors are watching, he comes up with those failures making it more tough for him to break through. Not sure if he might translate that weakness into international level, but if he does, it will be an incredible waste of talent. We all have hyped him up so much. But I fear if he might justify the hype, and hope he justifies it. I havent been this excited by a player in a long time.

How far away do you reckon Rohit Sharma is from playing a test match?

How far away do you reckon Rohit Sharma is from playing a test match?

Quite far off, I would say. He has other players like Pujara, Rahane, Kohli above him in the pecking order. Hell, even Pandey might have leapfrogged Rohit Sharma with just one season. I doubt if I would see Rohit Sharma playing tests in the next 5 years.

Hmm, he seemed like a pretty good talent in the 2008 CB ODI series.

What went wrong? Inconsistency?

Hmm, he seemed like a pretty good talent in the 2008 CB ODI series.

What went wrong? Inconsistency?

Too much of it. Maybe success got to his head or something. The hunger that he displayed initially during his career is very rarely to be seen these days. Not sure how he is improving now, but tests should be quite far away for him at the moment.

Is the one that does that really gay bow every time he takes a catch?

Users who are viewing this thread