South African Tour of India 2010

High time Badri gets a look in. Murali Vijay is more of an opening bat.
We need to look at another reserve keeper as KKD hasn't really lived up to his expectations as a reserve.

In the wicketkeeper area, Parthiv Patel was in the top 3 run scorers in the domestic season, behind Pandey and Rahane. He also played 2 games less, so if we're talking runs per game, I'm fairly sure he has the best ratio.

KKD is not that bad though.

Open with Irfan and push Gauti to number 3.

Irfan bowling even on bad days = (Sreesanth + Ishant) on bad days

scion_sid added 0 Minutes and 52 Seconds later...

In the wicketkeeper area, Parthiv Patel was in the top 3 run scorers in the domestic season, behind Pandey and Rahane. He also played 2 games less, so if we're talking runs per game, I'm fairly sure he has the best ratio.

KKD is not that bad though.

KKD is worst keeper in India atm. He cannot even grab simple balls.

Looks like Mohammed Kaif might be the dark horse. It shows that if you get in your performance just by the right time, you can surge ahead of all the other candidates. His century yesterday in domestic cricket coupled with his experience might win him a spot. So it could again be "so near yet so far" for Badrinath:facepalm

How the hell Badrinath fails to make a mark everytime hes been watched? C'mon,you bat well all season and fail to impress the selectors when they're actually watching you closely.And this isnt the first time hes doing this.IINR he did the same in the BP's XI game against Australia when Ganguly's place in the team was in scrutiny.I still hope this game doesnt make much impact in the selection priorities.

Last edited:
How the hell Badrinath fails to make a mark everytime hes been watched? C'mon,you bat well all season and fail to impress the selectors when they're actually watching you closely.And this isnt the first time hes doing this.IINR he did the same in the BP's XI game against Australia when Ganguly's place in the team was in scrutiny.I still hope this game doesnt make much impact in the selection priorities.

Just checked the score. Plain bad luck! Badri is GONE!! In a match where Kaif scored 112, Badri has scored 9. I am not too sure if the selectors will pick Badri. Most likely, Kaif will get the nod. And maybe Pandey or Pujara.

I'd be very disappointed if Badri doesn't get a shot this series. Especially if Kaif gets the shot instead. Kaif has not been as consistent as many other batsmen in the last few domestic seasons and his current form while good, is not enough to warrant a place in the team imo. Rather go with Kohli/Pandey/Pujara/Rahane.

I'd be very disappointed if Badri doesn't get a shot this series. Especially if Kaif gets the shot instead. Kaif has not been as consistent as many other batsmen in the last few domestic seasons and his current form while good, is not enough to warrant a place in the team imo. Rather go with Kohli/Pandey/Pujara/Rahane.

Pandey needs to do it again next season and again the season after that to be considered, I think. Manoj Tiwary is ahead of him at this point because he's done well for a few seasons now. That said, Badri should ideally be at the top of the list and I think he is with Srikkanth at the helm.

Well Srikanth proved me wrong!

Badrinath, Mithun and Wriddhiman Saha are the new inclusions
S Badrinath and Mithun in India squad for first Test against SA | Cricket News | India v South Africa 2009/10 | Cricinfo.com

Good news in selecting Mithun immediately after his impressive season in the Ranji trophy. Pandey deserved it, but he comes from a country that has so many batting riches and so he has to wait. Saha is a surprise inclusion, but the correct one since Dinesh Karthik has never grabbed his chances properly and Saha deserves a chance.

But with Laxman being announced in the squad (and the squad picked only for the first test), I am guessing that he will play. Will this mean they play Murali Vijay as the other middle order batsman and continue to keep Badri on the sidelines?

Well Srikanth proved me wrong!

Badrinath, Mithun and Wriddhiman Saha are the new inclusions
S Badrinath and Mithun in India squad for first Test against SA | Cricket News | India v South Africa 2009/10 | Cricinfo.com

Good news in selecting Mithun immediately after his impressive season in the Ranji trophy. Pandey deserved it, but he comes from a country that has so many batting riches and so he has to wait. Saha is a surprise inclusion, but the correct one since Dinesh Karthik has never grabbed his chances properly and Saha deserves a chance.

But with Laxman being announced in the squad (and the squad picked only for the first test), I am guessing that he will play. Will this mean they play Murali Vijay as the other middle order batsman and continue to keep Badri on the sidelines?

Badri to fill in for UV and Vijay for Dravid. I think both will fit into the lineup unless we decide to play 5 bowlers. I would drop Harbhajan, play with Mishra as the lone spinner with Sehwag doing the 2nd spinner`s job. Blood Mithun in as a surprise package. Indian fast bowlers generally start off well.

Badri to fill in for UV and Vijay for Dravid. I think both will fit into the lineup unless we decide to play 5 bowlers. I would drop Harbhajan, play with Mishra as the lone spinner with Sehwag doing the 2nd spinner`s job. Blood Mithun in as a surprise package. Indian fast bowlers generally start off well.

Oh yeah I forgot, Badri and Laxman will replace Dravid and Yuvraj from that last test against Bangladesh (unless we play 5 bowlers). I doubt we might play 5 bowlers against a side like SA and that too on a track like Nagpur (good carry and bounce). So most likely Badri is getting his debut this time.

Yeah..KKD is out. Saha is in as the reserve keeper.

The rest of the selection is fine,but I find a regional bias within the team now. Most of the players are from South India. Mithun, well I dont think he actually deserved his place in the squad. Nehra cold have made a comeback into the Test fold. Mithun was picked only cause of his performance in the Ranji final.

No way Nehra in the team. We could have tried Tyagi instead. Finally Badri is in the team. Wridhiman and Mithun inclusion is a surprise to me but fair enough as Karthik hasn't done well. If Badri scores good run, then i think it will be hard for Yuvraj to return in test squad.

82681.2.jpg

:banana2

C'mon Badri !!

Users who are viewing this thread