South African Tour of India 2010

Just saw the highlights. Wow is all I can say. Once again it was Zaheer, the leader, doing it for us all the way through. He kept bowling good lines and bowling absolute peaches, having a few words or two and kept India in it for the first two sessions. The other bowlers looked tired, beaten, and morale in the field was down. Zaheer kept storming in though, and gave us some spirit. It was contagious as Harbhajan, Ishant, and even Mishra all got into the act.

That guy is a leader. He needs to be given vice captaincy, perhaps even a stint at the main role. Whatta player.

We better not stuff this up now. We need to get em out quickly tomorrow and get atleast 320-350.

We are finally playing like a number one team.

Saw Ishant's bowling in the highlights. I must say that he bowled extremely well just before that tea session where he troubled both Amla and Peterson. On another day, he might have ended up with 2 more wickets.

The BCCI are stupid if they dont take a lead from this and schedule test matches in our best test centres. Its also that crowd spurs on our team for a better performance.

india should get a good start with sehwag firing and should take atleast 100 runs lead. sa are not a small opponent.

India gave too many runs to SA today before taking that final wicket. 30 runs is a lot and could come and bite us in our ass. Zaheer ends up with a good 4-wkt haul

Hope Gambhir-Sehwag fire for us. That would set the tone for a fruitful and good innings. I am watching this tonight. Since we are batting last, a lead of 150 is a must for us. This wicket will definitely be very hard to play on the final days. India has to play Session 3 very carefully because thats the session that will provide the most wickets.

India gave too many runs to SA today before taking that final wicket. 30 runs is a lot and could come and bite us in our ass. Zaheer ends up with a good 4-wkt haul

Hope Gambhir-Sehwag fire for us. That would set the tone for a fruitful and good innings. I am watching this tonight. Since we are batting last, a lead of 150 is a must for us. This wicket will definitely be very hard to play on the final days. India has to play Session 3 very carefully because thats the session that will provide the most wickets.

yup! gambhir or sehwag need to fire big. i wll watch this tonite even tho i have work tomorrow.. i will catch some sleep after work.

Super thunder start from Sehwag. Tonked Steyn for 3 consecutive fours that over. I just get the feeling that Gambhir looks today in far better flow and is more confident and positive. He is displaying good intent out there. I feel the crowd will help the Indians throughout this test match with their raucous support. Thats why visiting teams find it hard at Eden Gardens because the crowd also plays along with India...

Edit: sehwag carnage!! T20 cricket in tests...

Last edited:
Sehwag looking imperious here. Hope I don't jynx it but Sehwag is looking good for another ton against South Africa.

Users who are viewing this thread