Spanish Football thread

Who will win the La Liga this season?

• Total voters
What a cracking freekick by Canales. I so hope that all the final formalities are completed soon because I cant wait to see him wear the white jersey!

Can't believe Osasuna conceded three at home. I am backing Racing to go all the way.

So ........ Madrid will be now ruining this young man's carrer :facepalm

Last night's game was almost an exact replica of last weekend, although Espanyol were a bit more adventurous. Only a bit.

What I have noticed however recently is the massive improvement in our defence. We've lacked a solid defences since the days of Hierro and Sanchis, which is when I started following Spanish football, but the introduction of Albiol and Garay into the squad this season has really made a lot of difference. Ramos also did an excellent job last night in a makeshift role in the center of defence, and even scored a goal. But ofcourse his main spot is at right back simply because of the extra width he offers and also because we then don't have to play an out-an-out right winger.

Good win. Excellent first half, dull second, just like in the last game. Higuain's back and he scored, Barca were again a bit lucky against Getafe. I'd say I am happy with the weekend.

I do however hope that Espanyol avoid the drop. Your enemy's enemy is your friend, and we take a lot of pride in the fact that we are both Anti-Cules for Life.

Its amazing how Ronaldo always delivers yet as a team we play without him. We needed something different last night because of the horrific state of the pitch and it was good to see Kaka and Ronaldo combine as well as they did. After all they are our million dollar men!

I want Lass out for the Lyon game.

If only Atletico could perform like that week in, week out.

Lack of consistency is definitely their downfall. Their league position doesn't do them justice.

If only Atletico could perform like that week in, week out.

Lack of consistency is definitely their downfall. Their league position doesn't do them justice.

So true. They way Reyes ran through Barca's midfield en route to the first goal made me spill my soda..

Not so invincible after all.

I hate both teams but Barca losing would help us in the title race so I'm happy. Barca play all the tough games away in the second part of the season while we have the luxury of fortress Bernabeu, so the race is ON!

Malaga really tested Barca's patience last night. As far as we are concerned, scoring 5-6 goals in a game seem to be piece of cake for us nowdays. Hopefully the same will apply in the crucial CL game as well.

I know the Torres-Villa partnership is the best in the world right now, but since this is a friendly, and with the World Cup coming close, this is the time to experiment with/test the other guys. Negredo, imo, should start instead of one of the above.

I would actually start the following 11:

Reina
Ramos Albiol Pique Capdevila
Senna
Navas Fabregas Silva
Villa Negredo

Despite the yellow card, Sergio Ramos was brilliant last night. Arbeloa was OK, and I think Capdevila will be the obvious choice at LB during the WC if he stays injury-free. Both Villa and Torres showed their awesome skills upfront, albeit in different halves.

I know the Torres-Villa partnership is the best in the world right now, but since this is a friendly, and with the World Cup coming close, this is the time to experiment with/test the other guys. Negredo, imo, should start instead of one of the above.

I would actually start the following 11:

Reina
Ramos Albiol Pique Capdevila
Senna
Navas Fabregas Silva
Villa Negredo

Spain made a mess of France. Really are world cup favourites. Once all are fit the best Spanish XI would probably be:

Casillas
Ramos Puyol Pique Capdevilla
Senna
Iniesta Xavi Silva
Torres Villa

Pretty much the same team that won Euro 2008. Although i'm not sure how safe Senna is these days.

These days Xabi starts ahead of Senna.

But the strength in depth that Spain have in their talent pool is amazing.

Only "weak" points (relative to the rest of the squad) are at centre back and left back.

Users who are viewing this thread