Sri Lanka in Australia

I highly doubt there were many demons on a pitch where one side makes 422/3. I dont think theres an excuse for getting bowled out for 118 mate. Teams from the sub continent genarally struggle on bouncy pitches. Not surprising.

The pitch was bad at first. For the first few days. It was at it's best for the later parts of our innings (after the early damage) and for SA's innings, but also we were missing our best bowler injured that day also.

I've watched both games, you havn't. Therefore shut it.

There are so many excuses, but sure enough, i'm first to admit our batting isn;t up to scratch at the moment. Not a big pool to pick from. You guys, however, have no excuse. What side IS used to the Aussie bounce?

Good to see SL getting owned though. GO THE AUSSIES!

New Zealand were very unlucky, McCullum dropped a sitter off of Amla and that would've had Bond's confidence up and he could've ripped through South Africa if he didn't get that injury. They also haven't played Test Cricket in awhile and are coming up against 1 of the best in the world.

Nevertheless it better not rain in Brisbane tomorrow!

Last edited:
Can we please keep talk about the New Zealand tour of South Africa in the appropriate thread, please.

His opinion is as valid as anyone elses, and please don't tell other members to shut up. You don't need to stoop to that level, irottev.

----

What are the weather reports for tomorrow, lads? Are the Aussies going to get stung by the weather?

Despite the contribution of Vandort. Australia should be able to take the remaining 5 wickets unless the weather has a say.
MacGill seems to be struggling with fitness at the moment. It would be a big blow if Australia lose him in the future.

The pitch was bad at first. For the first few days. It was at it's best for the later parts of our innings (after the early damage) and for SA's innings, but also we were missing our best bowler injured that day also.

There are so many excuses, but sure enough, i'm first to admit our batting isn;t up to scratch at the moment. Not a big pool to pick from. You guys, however, have no excuse. What side IS used to the Aussie bounce?

hahah don't get your panties in twist. Actually have watched both games. Your not the only one who watches NZ cricket. I want them to do well except when they play against SL of course. We have no excuse? Your right we don't and NZ don't either. Its international test cricket. No team has any excuses for performing badly when you put out your best 11 on the park unless you get some bad decisions and are unlucky. The Aussies and the South Africans were both playing at home and have good pace attacks.

Another thing was SL were never in a dominating positon in this match. NZ were. It was a bad pitch at first? Not really but if you say so even then NZ got the first use of it by bowling on it and they did very well. They had SA down after choosing to bat first and 2nd and 3rd days were the best for batting and they mucked it up. No doubt there was good bowling but NZ should be much more used to faster bouncy tracks compared to SL. Obviously you want to see SL get owned due to NZ bad run against them and I don't blame you. But really saying that SLs performance overshadows NZs one is quite stupid.

Learn to deal with constructive critisism.

I think NZ needs to play more cricket than what they are playing at the moment.Out of practice?They dont perform upto their standards.

This is it, the chance for Chamara Silva to prove how good he actually is. I'm gonna be hoping he saves this match with Jayawardane.

Only rain can help Sri Lankans.How many wickets Murali needs to break Warne's record? 7 or 8?

blah blah blah

Sri Lanka have recovered anyway. I think apart from Australia we've seen 3 sides have a poor first innings. Probably jut rustiness.

I mainly am saying I want SL to get beaten because of your jibber jabber. Maybe a little partof me still is a little annoyed that we lost in the World Cup to them. But even so, I love seeing Australia crush sides. Except us.

The fact is. We have a bad test side and at least we're getting the chance to learn and improve.

Onto this game to stay on topic. Sri Lanka still have a lot of work to do, but still look like they're going to make the Aussies bat again.

Sri Lanka have recovered anyway. I think apart from Australia we've seen 3 sides have a poor first innings. Probably jut rustiness.

I mainly am saying I want SL to get beaten because of your jibber jabber. Maybe a little partof me still is a little annoyed that we lost in the World Cup to them. But even so, I love seeing Australia crush sides. Except us.

The fact is. We have a bad test side and at least we're getting the chance to learn and improve.

Onto this game to stay on topic. Sri Lanka still have a lot of work to do, but still look like they're going to make the Aussies bat again.
After this series whats New Zealands schedule?Are they playing at home?I enjoy watching matches played in New Zealand,small and greenish grounds love the atmosphere there.

This is it, the chance for Chamara Silva to prove how good he actually is. I'm gonna be hoping he saves this match with Jayawardane.

Yeah, Silva's class.
But he's got no partners. They should look really to put on a draw. Expecting a big Aussie win.

Silva is such a natural. The kind of player that makes defence worth watching. Pity Maharoof couldn't play the singles and get him on strike. Mind you, the one to get Maharoof, passing the defence and clipping off is among the best in Lee's arsenal.

Samaraweera is the only one I can see getting booted for Sangakkara, Atapattu's long winded performances mean they will practically beg him to apologise. There's also no doubt Fernando is the bowler who has to go. Maharoof and Vaas are worth a lot to the team even if they don't get wickets, but Fernando looks neither dangerous nor tidy. If there is a bit of seam movement at Bellerive, it could be a series that deserves another game.

Damn it, I'm not gonna watch it any more. :( Silva unlucky again, he middled the edge when turning the face of the bat and ball went all the way to third man (almost).

Dilhara is a bit hit and miss, there is never a time when he is doing everything right at once. :D

Big win for Aussies. They're building up momentum in Test matches before India come and I think that will hurt us (India) a lot.

Users who are viewing this thread