Sri Lanka in Australia

I'm definately going to the test down here in Hobart. I'm going on Monday and maybe Sunday. Hope the crowds turn out big and it's a great match so Tassie can host some more matches.

the future of Sri Lankan bowling doesnt look good at all, with Vaas and Murali at the end of their careers ther is nobody to replace them in the test arena. Maharoof isnt a test bowler, Fernando is average and only Malinga is respectable in test.

You are right there, but I think Maharoof could yet be good, he's only 23 and still learning.

Last edited:
yea Maharoof is young but he hasnt really shown much in tests. in 20 tests he only has 24 wickets at a average of 60, i hope for Sri Lankas sake that he improves.

Maharoof bowls dead straight and uses the seam nicely, he just needs to learn a bit of aggression. I think his background hurts him, because Sri Lankan pitches can offer a lot to intensely accurate bowling.

Fernando is below average. Take away his Bangladesh wickets and you see that quite easy. However, he does have redeeming qualities.

Still, one hopes there is more on the horizon.

Jaques, 150! Great knock. Seems like when he gets in then he only gets out on the milestones. Australia are in control, looks like this test could be like the first one.

Great innings again by Jacques! Great Stuff. Not too happy to see Haydos making lower scores. Maybe a hundred here or there and he is surely getting the AB medal.

Once Jaques gets a start he sure does go on. Maybe next time he bats he can get to 200, would be some feat that. Really surprised Hayden keeps getting out early, he is in the form of his life. And Ponting still yet to fire.

Are these tracks complete belters? The Sri Lankan attack seems to have no penetration whatsoever.

Play to start in 10 minutes. I want bloody Gilly to bat. I'm getting impatient.

From Cricinfo's commentary:

Incidentally he [Gilchrist] is using the squash ball technique he used against Sri Lanka in the World Cup final (inserting a squash ball in his bottom-hand glove)

Does this mean he's still using the squash ball or is he just playing as he would if it were there?

Australia go past 500. I wonder whether we will declare today?

From Cricinfo's commentary:

Does this mean he's still using the squash ball or is he just playing as he would if it were there?

Yes.

Gilly has been batting terrifically well. Some very nice shots. And oooh what a six! Superb hit.

I hope we don't declare and he goes on to make his 18th test ton.

Users who are viewing this thread