Sri Lanka in Australia

Not surprised about the result and Sri Lanka lost all hope of taking something into the next game by losing quick wickets.

Aussies have found a good way to stop Murili from getting many wickets. Batting once.

In hindsight, if they'd batted for two sessions, maybe even one session, depending on what rain they got this afternoon, it would have drawn. I think they were playing the conditions as much as anything.

Damn it, I'm not gonna watch it any more. :( Silva unlucky again, he middled the edge when turning the face of the bat and ball went all the way to third man (almost).

Dilhara is a bit hit and miss, there is never a time when he is doing everything right at once. :D

To be perfectly honest I can't see how Silva was unlucky - he hit a bad shot and edged it to a fielder. If you want to play with a big heavy bat it isn't all win for you. Incidently you can't middle an edge.

Silva just played a bad shot, the ball probably could have been smashed through the covers, but even having moved to play the ball leg side, he would have survived with a fully horizontal bat.

Fernando seems like he only puts in one decent performance in 5 innings against a good side. With a maximum of 4 innings to bowl, banking on that is laughable and if he gets picked again I would bet against him performing at all in the next match.

Silva has great talent. Sometimes it is ruined by silly shots. He had a good test tour of NZ. Him and Sangakara defiantly looked like the best two at the time. He played the same way really. Got some decent scores with a quick strike rate and then got out playing a silly shot.

Well if Sangakara and Malinga are added to the side by dropping Samawera and Fernando then they have a good chance of giving a fight (dah). I think the fielding screwed sri lanka up. Dropping Jaques, not savings the ones and twos and not applying pressure on Aussie batsman when running between the wickets really let Australia to such a score. Cricket is a team game and i didn't see a team effort at all in the lankan camp. No offence to Attapatu but he was playing for himself. He didn't look at what the team needed.

Why the hell wasnt Malinga played, i just realised he wasnt playing! hes a gun.
Why do these dumbass teams keep coming here and screwing up basic team selections? its like they're asking for it or something.

The answer to that is due to regional selction rotation policies being implemented in their respective nations.

Or the some selectors being idiots :p have sky blurred out the channel 9 logo because of this argument with some news people which I don't understand or do they just not like channel 9? (i know they don't anyway ;) ) Only it wasn't blurred out when i watched the first day.

Ya don't rate selectors because almost anyone that's been watching cricket for a considerable ammount of time can do the job if requested.

the aussies will romp it home again in Hobart. Unless Sangakkara and Malinga both play and play extremely well and jayasuriya pulls something out of his arse...then they have a chance.

Jayasuriya is one of the weaker batsman in the Sri Lankan side. I'd be more weiry of a much more capable Jayawardene, Sangkkara or Silva.

Users who are viewing this thread