Sri Lanka in Australia

Binga in top form here, Sangakarra and Ataputta giving Sri Lanka hope but the Aussies probably will win this too easily.
Our batting is to destructive, i seriously dont know how any team will be able to bowl us out under 250.

It was probably Attapattu's fault for Jayawardena's first-baller. He didn't cross over the strike otherwise Sangakkara would've been on strike.

Johnson should be dropped. Bring in Noffke.

Had a bad feeling MacGill would start to get whacked like this. India are probably going to have a field day with him.
Would be a dead set shocker if we give away another World Record once again due to the bowlers.
20000th post

A partnership similar to the one between Dravid and Laxman would seal this one for Sri Lanka !

:upray

Sanga needs a double century.

I still favour Australia to win this match, but if Sri Lanka scores about 100 runs for one wicket Australia should start worrying.

Had a bad feeling MacGill would start to get whacked like this. India are probably going to have a field day with him.
Would be a dead set shocker if we give away another World Record once again due to the bowlers.
This is where that lack of fitness has hurt him. You can see maybe an extra couple of kilos on his gut in some photos, not that the weight itself has somehow unbalanced him, but that it is apparent he missed a fair bit of training. He can obviously still get through his overs, but you can see he doesn't quite look right. However, he's got a month before the next series, so it shouldn't be a factor, but the question is whether the selectors are as flippant as our forumers.

This innings is more a big sleight on short tours than an observation on Australia's bowlers. With only two tour matches and two tests, the tourists are only showing form at the last minute. It's been an awfully fair pitch for batsmen and if at the end Sri Lanka haven't passed 400, it will still be a decent bowling performance.

I think people are being a little too optimistic about Sri Lanka's chances.

MacGill bowling trash or not, they have no chance. At least they put up a fight though.

Sri Lanka have a huge tail also. Starting at the keeper.

The Keeper that got 50 in the last match? Oh yeah, He's a bunny.

Plus they have Brett Lee and Stuart Clark. MacGill is spinning the ball miles. As the commentators said, even if he bowls trash, it won't take much for him to get a wicket. Johnson is fast and reasonably accurate also.

A glimmer of hope for Sri Lanka but I think it will stay at that. I think Sanga will probably go early next morning and with him, Sri Lanka's hopes. I hope otherwise, of course!

Plus they have Brett Lee and Stuart Clark. MacGill is spinning the ball miles. As the commentators said, even if he bowls trash, it won't take much for him to get a wicket. Johnson is fast and reasonably accurate also.

It's hard to turn the ball when it doesn't pitch though. Chris Martin could score a 50 off of that trash.

Anyways, Sri Lanka to knock these off before tea. ;)

With all this 'Clark is the new McGrath' stuff, why doesn't he take the new ball? To give it to a player who has played 2 matches above him is a bit rough in my view.

Oooh, I'm not so sure Ponting caught that.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread