Sri Lanka in Australia

Ben Hilfenhaus, the Tasmania fast bowler, has been drafted into Australia's squad for the first Test after Shaun Tait's elbow injury flared in his Pura Cup return. Tait had an elbow operation in May and the recovery prevented him from touring South Africa and India with the one-day sides before the latest bout of pain.

From Cricinfo

Pretty much means Johnson has the spot wrapped up now. Would love to see Hilfy given a go but him being in the squad will have to do.

I would love to see Hilfy get a go. Seems like a good up and coming cricketer. Though Johnson will probably get his dream home debut.

please do.

LOL that is a scary scary lineup.

Although Noffke career is almost finished with all his injuries isn't he?

I wouldnt say that. Has had some injuries in the past, but went on the Australia A tour of Pakistan, and so far this season he has taken 12 wickets @ 22, made 228 runs @ 114, and currently in the tour match against Sri Lanka he took 5/36 in the first innings, has taken 2/8 in the second innings and scored 34 runs.

Noffke has totally out bowled Johnson against SL taking 5 wickets. Surely this guy must be putting up his hand for selection.

Compare Noffke to Johnson in the past 2 matches played

NSW vs. QLD

Noffke
5/108 and 0/9
50 and 78

Johnson
0/134 and 0/21
33 and 34*

Sri Lanka vs. QLD

Noffke
5/36 and 2/8

Johnson
1/39 and 0/25

Overall averages are

Noffke

12 wickets @ 13.2
162 runs @ 54

Johnson

1 wicket @ 219
117 runs @ 58.8

Last edited:
Well it certainly appears Noffke is a force to be reckoned with!

I'm suprised I haven't heard his name popped up in the selection rumors more often.

yep id say Johnno's got it in the bag now...although like many others i would like to see Hilfenhaus play, he seems more suited to the longer form.

yeah Noffke seems to be real good..

sri lanka will miss sangakkara badly.. hope he can come in to play..

I reckon its gonna be 2-0 to the Aussies.
Sri Lanka don't look as if they have the firepower.

Well,I'd rather the Aussies win cause I dont like the Lankan captain.

I'd have supported Lanka if Sangakarra was the skipper. :D

Noffke should be next in line after Hilfy, will be interesting seeing how long Johnson gets to prove himself with the hot form of Noffke and Hilfy.

Even Bichel is better than Johnson.

i love Andy Bichel, what a champ.

he just got better and better with age, just like warnie. An absolute gun and didnt deserve the axing he got from the national team a few years back.

Huh? Why are you mentioning Clarke's harmison and jones dismissal? What the hell does that have to do with anything? Jones used fantastic reverse swing which got Clarke and Harmey bowled a good slower ball.. Your pretty random mate. Neither of those proves anything about Clarke.

And what the? "If you lose the top 3 quickly, no. 4 has to come out and stop the rot". WHA!? You could say that in regards to number 3, 4, 5 ,6 ,7..

Clarke is a fantastic batsman. I'd go as far to say he has widest range of shots and elegance behind Ponting in the WHOLE team. Oh yes, I went there, but I really believe it.

I honestly don't think it matters between Hussey and Clarke, I would go Hussey at 4 based on maturity and his attitude.

Finally another Clarke fan! :p
Now i think about it Clarke would probably be better suited to 5 because he is argueably the best player of spin the the team.

Finally another Clarke fan! :p
Now i think about it Clarke would probably be better suited to 5 because he is argueably the best player of spin the the team.

YES! We are in fewer numbers now days my friend. He is brilliant a sleeping giant I feel.

Users who are viewing this thread