Sri Lanka in India

Who will win this series?

• Total voters
I m not happy that Inida won :( , But really happy that Dada got the Man Of The Series Award :happy :happy

WORLD CHAMPIONS said:
I m not happy that Inida won :( , But really happy that Dada got the Man Of The Series Award :happy :happy
Why r u not happy? :mad:

Spectacular display.. Tbh, i slept off after two quick wickets of Uthappa & Karthik. And suprised to see Cric info now :happy

The main plus point of this match is, Sehwag has something to convince himself becos i saw the way he was playing with Uthappa... In my opinion, he did the same what Sachin wud have did exactly! He do have lot of talents but bringing it out is a problem.. may be he is too lazy most of the times that he fails to dance at the crease :p

gaurav_indian said:
Sehwag is as lazy as Inzi.

That was exactly my point in previous para but i dont like to compare though ;)

gaurav_indian said:
Dont expect anything from your fav batsman Sehwag.

I always said, & also whenever u went against Sehwag ;) , its not fair to expect anything from Viru as he is a natural player. Those days, there were amazing quick knocks with few single digits but its vice versa now. ;) If he plays well in 6/10 innings, India wud be more happy!

Like i mentioned before, someone has to play a vital role in triggering Sehwag as he can't be made into rust just like that :)

Finally the main plus point in this series, " Sourav Ganguly has come back strongly as a opener " :happy Tbh, I was completely against him a year ago i.e very long time back ( Sai knows it well ;) ) but somehow it changed during SA tour & its nice to see him coming back with huge impact especially with WC ahead.

In SA tour, he had a great test series & now against Lanka, he won MOTS. This reminds me his best days before 2003 i.e 1999-2002 i guess :)

So with the WCup ahead, India's confidence have been raised with two consecutive series victory... Next Mission for the blue men is grabbing the trophy so called " World Cup " :) & I believe they can do it!

Good match. Yuvi was great, KKD was very dissapointing. Dada in great touch, seamers in great touch although bowling in the death could use some work. Just good to see overall. Viru was just plain lazy and the smartest man in cricket today managed to get him runout, but before that it seemed he played Okay. I only saw him after he made 30+, so don't know if he flashed at or nickced any early in his innings.

Zorax, Sehwag's technique is completely different, he plays away from his body less and altough cautious, he scored at over a run a ball. Him and Uthappa can be destructive at the top of the order especially against Bermuda in the group stages.

40.6 Maharoof to Yuvraj Singh, FOUR, That's it. Yuvraj seals the series-win with a whip over midwicket. A full-length delivery on the middle and leg stump line, he walks down the track and swings it over the on side. Plastic water bottles are being thrown onto the outfield in celebration! Weird way to celebrate. Now an invasion has occured. The crowd have broken through the barriers and are all over the arena. Scenes from old time. From an another era. The spectators used to carpet the arena and stand outside the dressing room. Similar scenes here.
40.5 Maharoof to Yuvraj Singh, FOUR, Carved past backward point. Another full toss, Sri Lanka are gift-wrapping boundaries here, smoked past point.
40.4 Maharoof to Yuvraj Singh, SIX, Wow! Yuvraj is looting runs as the sun goes down. Low full toss, on the middle, disappears over wide long on. Whack!
40.3 Maharoof to Yuvraj Singh, no run
40.2 Maharoof to Yuvraj Singh, FOUR, And again. Classy and fluent on drive. Eye-catching stroke. Stands upright and unfurls a lovely on drive
40.1 Maharoof to Yuvraj Singh, FOUR, Yuvraj meanwhile continues to flow. Leans forward, reaches the pitch of a full-length delivery on the middle and leg and whips it through wide mid-on.

Dang Bang Bojangles! Finishing it off in style. Is it just me or does India seem to only be a momentum team? I mean when we're winning, I think the wind's in our sails and we can push ahead, but when we're losing, we let match winning situations turn into utter defeat.

I think this was a good series before the World Cup, though we probably shouldn't base our future predictions completely on it. It's good to see Yuvraj back in form, a new destructive opener who can do well for a period (Uthappa), a resurgent Ganguly back in the team, Dravid continuing to rescue India from bad periods, Zaheer rediscovering his killer instinct and Dhoni maturing as a batsman. I won't say we will win the World Cup, but if we play our cards right and use our head, I think we can go far.

I think in place of Karthik Pathan should be there,because we are one bowler short.

aditya123 said:
3 down now for 50.
And great to see Zaheer Khan and Agarkar bowling consistently at speeds of 143-145 kph (around 90mph).
Hope they do the same in the WC.

I am extremely happy to see Zaheer and Agarkar raise their speed guns. This has been a surprise for me in these two home series. Both bowl in the 140's consistently.

ZoraxDoom said:
Viru and Dada took a wicket...
Zaheer and Ajit bowled really well. I still can't believe that there are people out there who don't want Ajit in the team...
Bhajji did well. He isn't as bad as others make him out to be, he gets wickets and keep things tight.
Anyways, Maharoof and Silva doing well now and Lanka into the final 10. If they bat out the fifty, a score of 250 should be possible.

People who keep cribing about Agarkar havent seen much of Indian cricket in recent times. Agarkar has tremendously improved his consistency and has transformed into a very useful strike bowler who still retains his strength to "clean up the tail". He can far more consistent in that he gives way fewer runs away! He has improved his speeds too. He and Zaheer form a very good pair!

gaurav_indian said:
But there are fifth bowling option worries.

Ganguly bowled well today. He was the most economical of all bowlers at 4.83 per over. He needs more bowling to do in the World Cup. He has been a consistent performer in domestic cricket with the ball!

manee said:
Him and Uthappa could be dangerous together at the top of the order especially against Bemuda and Bnagladesh.

As if it cares much? I want them to do this against teams like Pakistan, South Africa, New Zealand, etc

WORLD CHAMPIONS said:
Totally poor cricket from Shewag :eek: , thts show how overconfidence and lazy he is :p

Overconfidence? how do you use that word? he has been dropped for the team, and is now brought back and is fighting for his place with Robin Uthappa. Believe me, Uthappa's innings today has put Sehwag's place in extreme danger. Uthappa might be preferred for more games in the WC. And if India decide on 5 bowlers, Sehwag's OUT of the 11

saisrini80 said:
Ganguly bowled well today. He was the most economical of all bowlers at 4.83 per over. He needs more bowling to do in the World Cup. He has been a consistent performer in domestic cricket with the ball!
In the last three matches Sri Lankans were able to post a good total after losing their first 5 wickets below 100 because of unavailability of the fifth genuine bowler.I still want to say that we need Pathan in place of Karthik.

well boyz pathan will give runs awy wont take wkts buh still a good batsman he is...better than KKD

Users who are viewing this thread