Sri Lanka tour of England - Limited Overs Cricket (May - June)

I'm actually slightly surprised by this. I mean, if we were chasing 300+ and collapsed, I'd understand it. But chasing 250 is the ideal scenario for Bell and Root especially, to come in and take some time to build.

Was impressed by Englands performance in 1st ODI but this just makes me wonder whether it was one off. But do not worry English Fans India is coming next. You will have your winning ways back :p

Yeah I think it was just a one off to be honest, don't get me wrong Sri Lanka bowled well but our batting was so poor.

Wow Sri Lanka is really poor and England bowling especially Jordan is looking really good :)

5vrouq.png

I'm not convinced having two new balls for each innings does any favours, especially in conditions like this. Sure, Sri Lanka were poor, but the ball was doing plenty.

Got to both agree and disagree with you :p 2 new balls did play no small part in that capitulation, but IMHO, it's got more to do with the technique. How about a new rule where 2 new balls are not used in England and New Zealand? :p

I don't think there should be two new balls anywhere to be honest. Gets rid of reverse swing and makes it easier for batsmen to score at the end of the game. Silly rule for me. These conditions are the only ones where it makes batting harder, but it shouldn't be a rule for me.

Also makes the spinners less effective ..

2 new balls is one of the more regressive ideas implemented by ICC.

WOW!! :eek:

That was a collapse of epic proportions! :lol

That was a collapse of GIGANTIC proportions *corrected DBC14 style* :lol

OFF TOPIC: You do know that they use both 'Gigantic' & 'Epic' proportions sayings in the game don't you? ;)

Just seen the wickets. Seemed as though Sri Lanka lacked patience today, I mean even if they'd reached 200/220 it would've been competitive but they just continued playing their shots.

Don't know why Sri Lanka keep sticking with Chandimal and Thirimanne when Vithanage is clearly the more talented player.
Fair enough they stick with some young guys with Sangakkara and Jayawardena not going to be around forever, but they are sticking with the wrong two.
Seems the selectors are determined to squeeze something out of their "investment" after putting so much effort into those two.

^Vithanage is surely an interesting prospect, but when a team bundles out for 67 then overlooking their team performance is not fair.
And Chandimal is their best batsman after Sanga and Mahela.

I like Chandimal too. He looks a natural at either 3 or 4 though, which is a problem at the moment. Although with Thirimanne looking all at sea opening, I'd get Jayawardene to do it, with the likes of Chandimal moving to bat at 4 and getting another batsman in at 5.

Apologies if I've butchered the spelling of any of those names! :p

Users who are viewing this thread