Sri Lanka tour of England - Limited Overs Cricket (May - June)

Right now, I would like Sri Lanka to drop Chandimal, play Kusal as an opener and let Thirimanne play in his natural position. Thirimanne was in good form coming into the ODI series, so they need to make sure he carries that form by playing in his preferred position. Chandimal has been pretty poor for quite a while now, I think he just needs a break.

I liked the look of Thisara Perera but he was dropped for whatever reasons.

I had the pleasure of watching England at Old Trafford on Wednesday! Chris Jordan was phenomenal! Is it too soon for him to go into the Test side?

I had the pleasure of watching England at Old Trafford on Wednesday! Chris Jordan was phenomenal! Is it too soon for him to go into the Test side?

I'd be VERY surprised if he wasn't in the squad for that 1st test against Sri Lanka.

I'd agree about Jordan - he has to play that Test (assuming he stays fit).

Out of interest, what would you all be looking at for your World Cup side?

Chasing 300? Time to settle in for a Bell and Cook masterclass. :cheers

The country's best limited overs batsman (Carbs) has been treated in an unfair manner. He should be starting as an opener with Bell coming in at one drop.

----------

And why isn't Samit playing? He has been in very good form and I would say he is better than Root atm.

4 boundaries in 27 overs is just shocking stuff really. Root's looked out of form all day too. Should be back in County cricket for me, finding some form. This is when Buttler should be walking in too, not Bopara.

Out of interest, what would you all be looking at for your World Cup side?

I'll let you know in a few months time when we've had a better look at all candidates. Don't forget we've got the domestic 50 over competition to come so someone could potentially stake a claim via some good performances in that.

Chasing 300? Time to settle in for a Bell and Cook masterclass. :cheers

:facepalm

The country's best limited overs batsman (Carbs) has been treated in an unfair manner. He should be starting as an opener with Bell coming in at one drop.

Yeah I quite like the sound of that. Carberry to open with Cook and Bell dropping to no.3.

And why isn't Samit playing? He has been in very good form and I would say he is better than Root atm.

Samit for me isn't an international cricketer. His bowling isn't all that and his running between the wickets is laughable, plus he's still overweight.

Root will win this.

:facepalm

4 boundaries in 27 overs is just shocking stuff really. Root's looked out of form all day too. Should be back in County cricket for me, finding some form. This is when Buttler should be walking in too, not Bopara.

Yeah I know, it's been very slow going. We just cannot cope with the spinners.

And that's Morgan gone :facepalm Not looking good.

To be fair, I just don't think they can cope with the bowlers period, spin or otherwise.

Buttler is so wasted at 7 trying to pull off miracles every game.

Bopara was doing so well running hard and giving Buttler the strike. :facepalm

Oops Bopara gone

Michael Vaughan :

I will run home Naked if Sri Lanka lose from here......

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread