Sri Lanka tour of England - Limited Overs Cricket (May - June)

I take it Sri Lanka don't know that the cover drive is pretty much Buttler's favourite shot then? Special innings no matter how the match ends.

Buttler O.o

----------

He is AFTER MALINGA yorkers now :D

That must be the last thing Englishmen would want to see so they might just as well choke here. :p

Lol :thumbs

3 balls 9 runs :(

----------

Malinga fearsome tweak you :facepalm

Last edited:
Where was Tredwell going? Even 9 off 2 there is a small chance with Buttler facing. :facepalm

Where was Tredwell going? Even 9 off 2 there is a small chance with Buttler facing. :facepalm

Yeah i'm not too sure why Tredwell ran there...

Anyway what an incredible innings from Buttler. Malinga won the game for Sri Lanka in that last over.

Whenever Big Joss solidifies his keeping for tests, he is well under way to being the best keeper/batsman in the world across formats.

I think Bopara getting out was where we lost that game today. He looked comfortable, whereas Jordan struggled to get the singles away. If he'd stayed there, we'd have had another option for a boundary as well as Buttler. Cracking innings by Buttler though, that lad is special.

What an innings by butler..! :thumbs
Though butler and Sangakara played valuable innings, I think the MOM should have been given to Lasith Malinga for his match winning final over and 3 wickets. I just can't understand that why batsmen are given priority over bowlers and fielders, for MOM award.

Cook getting a good knock to aid his average today, I see.

Read this on cricinfo

Alex: "Am I right in saying that none of the english batsmen in this line up have a average of over 40 in odi's?" You are correct. Morgan the closest at 39.02.

Quite surprising to say the least. Also did some digging. None of them have a 50+ average in Tests either. The two guys who did have 40+ average in ODIs are no longer in the team - Trott and KP

Quite stupid considering he had been warned once

More than once I think. It's just one of those things when you try it until you realise the bowler is watching you, then you just play it safe. Naive to say the least from Buttler.

Users who are viewing this thread