Sri Lanka tour of India

Surprised to see Sanju get another go, but this will definitely boost his confidence here. He better perform now

I read on Cricinfo that India maybe thinking to play Ruturaj for which Rohit will demote himself to a middle order batter. Now this could mean we have another post-2015 Dhoni in the line-up who would eat up deliveries and perform once in a while when he played in the slog overs against quality bowling attacks. Rohit better rest himself and let Bumrah Captain if he wants to give youngsters a chance. We don't need a 20-ball 10 in the middle overs to lose the momentum gained in the initial overs.

Before this wonderful exciting I cannot wait kind of series starts, just my two cents on the discussion that has been happening in this thread.

1. Rishabh Pant- He is our best wicket keeper batsman. See what I said? WICKET KEEPER BATSMAN. He might not be your best wicket keeper but from what I have seen over the last 2 years from all the competitions, he is miles ahead. People questioning his position should rewatch all the matches since the Aussie tour of 2020. We lost the first test and that x-factor was missing. We could clearly see it. Nothing wrong with Saha and the test format needs to be slow and steady wins the race kind off?? NOT any more.
    • Again we humans have a short term memory and whatever we think of first is what we speak. This is proven through research. Coming onto the 2nd test match where Pant played above Saha, India were 100 for 4 and we had all gone back to the dreadful day of 36 all out once again. Pant came out and hit some boundaries and ticked the scoreboard. He did not score much as if I remember, he scored 30 odd in 40-45 deliveries. THIS WAS CRUCIAL as suddenly by the time Pant was out, India were 180 odd something. That helped Rahane build his innings while score kept ticking. That 30 odd was a game changer along with Rahane's century.
    • He batted 300 minutes which is 5 hours amongst both the innings in Sydney. I know Ash and Vihari took the blows and helped us draw the match but we reached that stage because of Pant's brilliant 97.
    • The less I talk about Gabba the better it is. HE WAS phenomenal.
    • Player of the series for Pat Cummins but I felt Pant deserved it more as his 30-40 runs consistently in 40-50 odd deliveries helped India gain momentum. He also showed he can play that longer innings.
    • This versatility is missing in other keepers.
    • Had a similar series in England were he did not score any century but contributed with his 30's and 40's.
    • He has been consistently scoring 30's and 40's but the ones where he has scored more has all been either match winners or have given India a chance.
    • So to SUM it up, Pant should be India's first choice T20, ODI and Test batsman until we all unanimously decide to scrape ODI's from cricket all together which is when you give chance to Samson, Sarfaraz to play for India.
  2. Rohit Sharma - This will be a short one. SHARMA should only open. He serves no value playing in the middle order no matter what format. He is the Sehwag of the current generation (minus the explosive start). Opposition are on their feet if he is out in the middle.

Thank you for listening to me. Have a wonderful day, samay samapti ki ghoshna! (End of my rant)
Post automatically merged:

Jaddu bhai is back!!!!!

1645708518366.png

Rohit Sharma :c::bat:
Ishan Kishan :wkb:
Sanju Samson :bat: (hope he doesn't disappoint)
Shreyas Iyer :bat: (would be good to see him back at 4)
Deepak Hooda :ar:
Venkatesh Iyer :ar:
Ravindra Jadeja :ar:
Bhuvneshwar Kumar :bwl:
Yuzvendra Chahal :bwl:
Harshal Patel :bwl:
Jasprit Bumrah :bwl:

Has to be an ideal combination for us tonight! :yes
Now that is what I call a 10 on 10 prediction :clap:clap:clap

Amazing...

Rohit Sharma - This will be a short one. SHARMA should only open. He serves no value playing in the middle order no matter what format. He is the Sehwag of the current generation (minus the explosive start). Opposition are on their feet if he is out in the middle.
Just take this one on a lighter note-

3 years down the line I would be arguing with you saying Rohit should open and you would reply to me like he gets unnecessary opportunity. And suddenly I get a different feel when your thoughts are matching mine today. Feels to absurd now. :p

Would've loved to see Kishan get an 100 but would've hated to see him crawl to that score. Hence would take this 89 any day since he did what he does the best.

Shreyas Iyer is under rated and his knock today just proves it.

Sri Lanka need something very special to chase down 200. Ideally, you expect them to fall short by atleast 30 runs if not more.

Rohit Sharma is certainly a captain with a golden touch.

Users who are viewing this thread