Super 8: 20th Match England v India

Status
Not open for further replies.

King Cricket

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
I enjoyed reading the rubbish about Dhoni needing to be dropped as well

Surely, you are not judging the whole India by reading just that one piece of crap. Then I'll soon start judging Australia by seeing aussie_ben91.

King Cricket added 3 Minutes and 20 Seconds later...

I don't dislike India, I just hate how some people think India are unbeatable in T20 cricket.

No team can ever be "unbeatable". Some people do think like that, but just ignore them, will we?

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
I never said the whole of India was like that. Just that I enjoyed the few idiots that were going off on one trying to justify Dhoni being dropped.

King Cricket

International Coach
Anyway, back to today's match. Two hours left! Feeling quite tensed already. C'mon Dhoni! You can do it. One win.., we just need one win.

My XI for today

1. Gauti
2. Rohit
3. Raina
4. Yuvraj
5. Yusuf
6. Dhoni
7. Irfan/Jadeja (If we play RP, I would take Jadeja)
8. Harbhajan
9. Zaheer
10. Ishant
11. RP (Let us gamble for once, will we? Who knows? He might turn out to be the best bowler of today, we have Yusuf as the second spinner, and he was pretty tight against WI, we also have some part-timers as backups. It's gambling time :spy)

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
Anyway, back to today's match. Two hours left! Feeling quite tensed already. C'mon Dhoni! You can do it. One win.., we just need one win.

My XI for today

1. Gauti
2. Rohit
3. Raina
4. Yuvraj
5. Yusuf
6. Dhoni
7. Irfan/Jadeja (If we play RP, I would take Jadeja)
8. Harbhajan
9. Zaheer
10. Ishant
11. RP (Let us gamble for once, will we? Who knows? He might turn out to be the best bowler of today, we have Yusuf as the second spinner, and he was pretty tight against WI, we also have some part-timers as backups. It's gambling time :spy)

India will want to have Ojha in this game, the pitch looks good for the spinners.

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
Hopefully England'll make some changes today. I don't think 2 spinners would be a good idea against India, as they play spin so well, so I'd go in with:

1. Ravi Bopara
2. Luke Wright
3. Kevin Pietersen
4. Owais Shah
5. Eoin Morgan
6. Paul Collingwood *
7. Graham Napier
8. James Foster +
9. Stuart Broad
10. Graeme Swann
11. James Anderson

Napier in for Mascheranas and Morgan in for Rashid to boost the batting, although Dimi could play ahead of him. I just wanna see Napes given a go, will be more consistent with the bat than Dimi I reckon.

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
Watching the Ireland-Sri Lanka game England should stick with two spinner's I feel. And Rashid ahead of Swann if they play one.

King Cricket

International Coach
1. Ravi Bopara
2. Luke Wright
3. Kevin Pietersen
4. Owais Shah
5. Eoin Morgan
6. Paul Collingwood *
7. Graham Napier
8. James Foster +
9. Stuart Broad
10. Graeme Swann
11. James Anderson

Batting upto the eighth spot may not be a good idea.

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
Dhoni should open batting with Gauti. Just get Rohit out of opening slot. We need him down the order. But England have bowlers Indian batsman love.

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
In India they do. Not sure they'll cope as well with them when there's pace and bounce. Broad for one is FAR better than he was last time the 2 teams played a T20. England's batting is the problem though, this tournament has proved the theory that if KP fails, we lose.

naresh091

International Cricketer
I want to see Yusuf open with Gauti and let Rohit come down the order.The middle order looks short and fragile.

King Cricket

International Coach

Broad, Swann, Anderson- going with just three frontline bowlers. May not be a good idea. Napier can ball. But this is his first match against India, and his first class bowling average doesn't look encouraging. Though I agree that first-class cricket and T-20s are poles apart. Also, Broad will be in some sort of trauma today. Specially, when bowling to Yuvraj. He's still very young, and those type of things will just remain indelible in your mind- you can't do anything. I don't know much about English cricket, I have never seen Napier and Foster play- but I think that playing 8 batters is not a great idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread