Super 8: 20th Match England v India

Status
Not open for further replies.
In India they do. Not sure they'll cope as well with them when there's pace and bounce. Broad for one is FAR better than he was last time the 2 teams played a T20. England's batting is the problem though, this tournament has proved the theory that if KP fails, we lose.
I hope we wont be going blindly just targeting KP in this game.Im sure our team would have learnt a lesson against West Indies,when the Windies won even with Gayle failing to make a big score.

Broad, Swann, Anderson- going with just three frontline bowlers. May not be a good idea. Napier can ball. But this is his first match against India, and his first class bowling average doesn't look encouraging. Though I agree that first-class cricket and T-20s are poles apart. Also, Broad will be in some sort of trauma today. Specially, when bowling to Yuvraj. He's still very young, and those type of things will just remain indelible in your mind- you can't do anything. I don't know much about English cricket, I have never seen Napier and Foster play- but I think that playing 8 batters is not a great idea.

Man I hope Broad gets Yuvraj out for nothing.

I've seen quite abit of Napier, he is a pretty good T20 bowler. His main attribute would be his deceptive pace.

Heres what will happen:

Toss: Dhoni will finally loose toss today and England will bat first.

England Innings:
Zak will open bowling and Bopara who will face. He will look defensive and just like that smash 2 sixes of last two balls. At other end Irfan will be smacked for 5 4's by Luke Wright. Yousuf will bowl his customary 3rd over of innings and yeah he will again get a wicket in form of Wright. England at end of 6 overs will be 60-1.
Bhajji will bowl some Doosras and some other bowls which he even wont know amongst his famous dart bowls. He gets Bopara out and in walks KP. Ojha bowls to KP who smashes it saright and yeah it hits Ojha right between eyes. He is out for the year. Raina is his replacement and KP hits him for 3 effortless sixes. England are 120-2 after 10 overs.
UV finally decides Dhoni is being harsh on his boyfriend Raina and decides to bowl some poong tang pie. And yeah KP falls for it again. "Filth is in as" far as UV is concerned. England then go mad in final 5 overs and score 70 runs. England make mamoth 230-7 thanks to Dimis fireworks.

Indias Innings:
Yeah Dhoni decides he will open and guess what he starts playing test cricket again. He wants to prove his point. He can bat slowly and then accelerate. Too bad he hits poster boy Broad's slow ball to mid off and hes out for well made 5 off 30 balls. At other end wickets are falling like bowling pins.
In walks UV to loud cheers. Everyone expects 6 6's again. Collingwood gives Broad the ball nad first 3 balls go for sixes. Now what will Broad do, nothing he just bowled beamer at UV and he is also out for year. Finally Broad had his revenge.
India then just shows how they self distruct and are bowled out for 110.

Man of Match: James Foster. Yeah he took 5 wickets coming to bowl as Broad was in shock.

230. England will be wanting to score 250 against this bowling attack.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread