Symonds racially abused vs India 5th ODI

I dont care how much the Indian Cricket fans try to justify them words, to me its racist and I don't like it.

That's the point. None of the Indian fans here have tried to justify their actions. Our only reservation is when generalizations are made about all Indian cricket fans based on this incident. And, speaking for myself, I have to wonder where all the moral outrage was when an Australian member called Sreesanth a monkey a day or so before this incident took place.

But, I guess there's no use going on about it now and we can only hope such fans can restrain themselves.

i hate the indian fans they were on about shilpa getting racially abuse and look at them they are being racist them selve that is shocking i can remeber when india team tour pakistan we respected them and when the pakistan team tour india their bus was shot by a stone. saw the last match the bottles on the ground that was embaracing i am sorry but they got issues.

You've got issues yourself if you hate all Indian fans for something thing only a few have done.

Also, I have an issue with your grammar and I'm sure it's not just me, so please atleast attempt to post in proper English grammar, thank you.

If i remember rightly it was during a warmup game or in the street, i have two stories and mixing them up, it was one of the two.

And Etho, no....verbal abuse to players isnt right

I would never do it. I just don't know why the Indian fans are doing it when they have to come down under this Australian summer and play cricket against us.

Because there were some idiots there, who I guess didn't use their brains?

An Indian is a different race and heritage to an aboriginal Australian, therefore he's not the same. Therefore by your own logic they were being racist.

Except Symonds isn't an Aboriginal.

People need to get over it. Symonds has.

but what we do take exception to are the generalizations about Indian cricket fans based on this incident.

Funnily enough, those kinds of comments are a lot more racist then anything Symonds copped.

Last edited:
No one should be racist, and no countries are innocent. That's the simple truth of the matter. There will always be idiots in every crowd.

Except Symonds isn't an Aboriginal.

People need to get over it. Symonds has.

Funnily enough, those kinds of comments are a lot more racist then anything Symonds copped.
That's true, Symonds is actually British. He isn't of aboriginal descent.

Last edited:
Exactly. He was kidnapped and forced at gunpoint to play for the convicts

I don't want a debate about players playing for countries other than their place of birth.

I just feel sorry for him. They made him adopt a stupid accent too :(

Anyway, enough off-topicness

I don't want a debate about players playing for countries other than their place of birth.

I just feel sorry for him. They made him adopt a stupid accent too :(

Anyway, enough off-topicness
Wait...Hold on! They didn't make him come over and play for us, and didn't make him adopt our awesome accent.

He moved here when he was a kid, played all his junior Cricket here, Australia is all that he can remember. He never contemplated playing for England, he was only in the "B" team or something because then he could play County Cricket and not be classed as an overseas player. When England realized that he wasn't going to play for them, they got all sooky and said he can't be classed as an English resident and couldn't play his County Cricket as a normal player. Again, another attempt from England trying to poach a player from another county.

Wait...Hold on! They didn't make him come over and play for us, and didn't make him adopt our awesome accent.

He moved here when he was a kid, played all his junior Cricket here, Australia is all that he can remember. He never contemplated playing for England, he was only in the "B" team or something because then he could play County Cricket and not be classed as an overseas player. When England realized that he wasn't going to play for them, they got all sooky and said he can't be classed as an English resident and couldn't play his County Cricket as a normal player. Again, another attempt from England trying to poach a player from another county.

He's obviously yanking your chain Hooper.

Users who are viewing this thread