PC: T20 Blast Tournament - Series 1 - (Round 2)

I was thinking of just allowing everyone to bid on whoever they want and place as many bids as they want straight from the first round as I can't see any drawbacks of this (assuming we're settled on a private message based auction with a few days for each round)?

My only issue for this would be that if you don't get the players you want you can't set out a back up plan.

But that's what the subsequent rounds are for :). You've gotta be the highest bidder on a player for 2 rounds running to gain him.

Have you finished base prices of International players? Gotta get this auction start today. ;)

All base prices are now complete in the attachment. If anyone has anymore requests/changes they wish to suggest please do so now as the database will not be changed/added to once the auctions have started (unless we become short of players).

I'm personally happy to start the first round of the auction once the final two managers have confirmed (I have sent them PM's). Does anyone have any opinions on cutting down the public rounds to 3 so we have 3 public and 3 private (perhaps extendable if we're all short of players actually).

Does anyone unrelated to the tournament want to volunteer to receive my bids before each round of the auction starts to prove I'm not cheating?

Attachments

• Auctions Database.xlsx
    43.6 KB · Views: 23
Cut down public round to 3 and extend private rounds to 4

whats the difference between public and private round?

It's explained in the first post :). At the end of public rounds the highest bidder on each player is announced as well as how much they bid. Private rounds this is not announced making the auction quicker and more risky.

We don't exactly have to get this over with quickly seeming as we have a good few months til release :D.

Exactly my point we should not rush with the auctions. Lets just savour the moment.

Well some of us will be getting the game on consoles too. So we can have friendly matches before the tournament begins on PC. Thus i say, lets get started with the auctions. :cheers

Well some of us will be getting the game on consoles too. So we can have friendly matches before the tournament begins on PC. Thus i say, lets get started with the auctions. :cheers

Yes but if they auctions weren't completed before the console release that wont stop you from playing friendlies ;)

plus it might give you a chance to look at some players and make late bids for them...

Users who are viewing this thread