PC: T20 Blast Tournament - Series 1 - (Round 2)

We can all meetup in google hangout or Facebook chat at around the same time and the Auctioneer can conduct the auctions in real time then.

Deal...welcome to Leeds Lynx.
I will get someone else also to cover up for matches.

I promise to make you proud! I will send you a private message with my recommendations in the next couple of days. You can then combine that with your ideas and form your own blueprints from there.

We can all meetup in google hangout or Facebook chat at around the same time and the Auctioneer can conduct the auctions in real time then.
Why not do it here?

Last edited:
It wont be really in real time. Sometimes pages dont refresh so we may miss somebody's bid.

Im keen in helping somebody sourcing players, I am quite good at statistics. wont be able to help out with playing though, as I don't have a computer only an xbox.

Im keen in helping somebody sourcing players, I am quite good at statistics. wont be able to help out with playing though, as I don't have a computer only an xbox.

Hi Exo, I'm quite good at statistics too so what do you say we pool our resources together?

Maybe we can ask Matt for a shout box for the auction day alone ?

Something like shoutbox could work here where only managers and deputy managers can take part on the auction day. Other members can follow those auctions.

^fixing a common time will still be an issue as the auction will take a long time form the list or break the auction into pieces over a week , if all of us are up for that then it would be cool.

Wow, come back overnight to find all these posts :eek:. Can someone confirm for me who is now the reserve for the teams that got one as I got very confused as to what were the final decisions reading through there :yes.

I would love to however unfortunately I cannot offer my services for extended periods of time, which would make me a pretty useless head of auction. Worst case scenario you could remove the idea of hidden rounds and just keep bidding until nobody bids, in the same fashion as the IPL.

The only problem I see with that is players end up in constant bidding wars and players prices become hugely inflated. The idea was to have the public rounds to start with to allow people to boost the price a bit and get a general feeling for the market and then bid what they are willing to go for in the private rounds.

The problem with a live auction is I think we'll find it VERY hard to find a time when all of us are online. The idea of this auction was that each round could take place over a period of a few days and people just send in their bids (discussed next paragraph ;)) and it doesn't make a difference then if you're the first bidder or last.

I'm happy to let someone else handle the bidding if they want to but it will be quite a lot of working going through taking down everyones bid and working out who has the highest then inputting that into a spreadsheet and stuff. The other alternative is I send my bids to an someone unrelated to the tournament just before the auctions start who can them confirm I'm not cheating :spy.

Also hopefully a new feature will come with the game allowing us some way around boosting players other then trust :rolleyes.

Thanks everyone

Edit : I believe we are still waiting for the following to confirm :

Rizzyx
Venkniralac

Edit2 : Also considering removing 1 public round to take it down to 3?

Last edited:
Hahaha, I knew that would be your reaction ;)

Anyway my deputy is "Munkeymomo". We've alredy started discussing for the auctions so start it soon. Can't wait anymore ;)

----------

Wow, come back overnight to find all these posts :eek:. Can someone confirm for me who is now the reserve for the teams that got one as I got very confused as to what were the final decisions reading through there :yes.

The only problem I see with that is players end up in constant bidding wars and players prices become hugely inflated. The idea was to have the public rounds to start with to allow people to boost the price a bit and get a general feeling for the market and then bid what they are willing to go for in the private rounds.

The problem with a live auction is I think we'll find it VERY hard to find a time when all of us are online. The idea of this auction was that each round could take place over a period of a few days and people just send in their bids (discussed next paragraph ;)) and it doesn't make a difference then if you're the first bidder or last.

I'm happy to let someone else handle the bidding if they want to but it will be quite a lot of working going through taking down everyones bid and working out who has the highest then inputting that into a spreadsheet and stuff. The other alternative is I send my bids to an someone unrelated to the tournament just before the auctions start who can them confirm I'm not cheating :spy.

Also hopefully a new feature will come with the game allowing us some way around boosting players other then trust :rolleyes.

Thanks everyone

Edit : I believe we are still waiting for the following to confirm :

Rizzyx
Venkniralac

I think we should not have a timing problem with live auctions as the managers are either from England, India, Australia or Pakistan.

If we set a time on saturday. Then English managers have to come online at 10 AM, Indian at 3:30PM, Pakistanis at 3PM and Aussies at around 9PM.

So if we decide early, everyone can make it to the auctions. On weekends we can do this

NoLeName would be my team Adviser, since he is getting the game on xbox cant cover for me, so for covering my matches on days i cant turn up i will get a reserve player, will inform that in a day or so.

Problem with that Gaurav is you will always get at least 1 or 2 people who can't make it which is why I thought the longer term auction style would work better in this sort of situation.

ethybubs Is my Advisory manager/ deputy manager (or watever he wants him to be called)

Users who are viewing this thread