T20 World Cup 2012

Yuvraj Singh and Mandeep Singh in 30 man probables squad

Pakistan's squad named
Squad for Australia T20s, World T20
Mohammad Hafeez (capt), Imran Nazir, Nasir Jamshed, Kamran Akmal (wk), Asad Shafiq, Shoaib Malik, Abdul Razzaq, Shahid Afridi, Yasir Arafat, Umar Akmal, Saeed Ajmal, Raza Hasan, Umar Gul, Mohammad Sami, Sohail Tanvir
In: Kamran Akmal, Imran Nazir, Abdul Razzaq, Asad Shafiq, Nasir Jamshed
Out: Khalid Latif, Ahmed Shahzad, Hammad Azam, Haris Sohail, Shakeel Ansar

India's 30 man probable squad
Probables: MS Dhoni, Virender Sehwag, Gautam Gambhir, Virat Kohli, Rohit Sharma, Suresh Raina, R Ashwin, Pragyan Ojha, Umesh Yadav, Ashok Dinda, Ajinkya Rahane, Manoj Tiwary, Rahul Sharma, Vinay Kumar, Zaheer Khan, Yuvraj Singh, Robin Uthappa, Irfan Pathan, Yusuf Pathan, Mandeep Singh, Piyush Chawla, Ravindra Jadeja, Shikhar Dhawan, Ambati Rayudu, Harbhajan Singh, Munaf Patel, Naman Ojha, Dinesh Karthik, Praveen Kumar, L Balaji.

Australia's 30 man probable squad
Australia squad George Bailey, Travis Birt, Dan Christian, Pat Cummins, Xavier Doherty, James Faulkner, Aaron Finch, Ryan Harris, Ben Hilfenhaus, Brad Hogg, David Hussey, Michael Hussey, Mitchell Johnson, Ben Laughlin, Mitchell Marsh, Shaun Marsh, Glenn Maxwell, Andrew McDonald, Clint McKay, Dirk Nannes, Stephen O'Keefe, Tim Paine, Rob Quiney, Steve Smith, Mitchell Starc, Adam Voges, Matthew Wade, David Warner, Shane Watson, Cameron White.

War will be torn: Nannes is back, Bollinger left out. Mitch Marsh is in too. Other interesting ideas: Tim Paine is back as reserve keeper. O'Keefe is in ahead of Nathan Lyon. Ben Laughlin ahead of James Pattinson and Doug Bollinger, which means those guys are the 10th and 11th fast bowlers in line - at least. A couple of guys who I wouldn't have minded in there: Brad Hodge or Marcus North, one of those instead of Quiney might have been my choice. As they can both play the Dave Hussey role, the 6th/7th bowling option and experienced T20 batsman.

Pakistan looking really strong here. A lot of star performers, they'll just have to play and jell together as a unit. Definitely in with a strong chance to stake their 2nd claim at the trophy.

No real surprise in the Indian squad except the inclusion of Mandeep Singh. Mandeep is a very talented player though he is more suited to test cricket I think. He has a very good technique and a solid eye. Yes, he did well in IPL but I feel he should be reserved for longer formats.

sifter132 said:
Australia's 30 man probable squad

War will be torn: Nannes is back, Bollinger left out. Mitch Marsh is in too. Other interesting ideas: Tim Paine is back as reserve keeper. O'Keefe is in ahead of Nathan Lyon. Ben Laughlin ahead of James Pattinson and Doug Bollinger, which means those guys are the 10th and 11th fast bowlers in line - at least. A couple of guys who I wouldn't have minded in there: Brad Hodge or Marcus North, one of those instead of Quiney might have been my choice. As they can both play the Dave Hussey role, the 6th/7th bowling option and experienced T20 batsman.

Ha actually i'm glad Nannes is back. In the perfect AUS T20 squad - i would pick one left-arm quick and it was always a straight battle between Nannes of Doug.

But Bollinger should be in the main 30, i hope his exclusion is due to fitness woes.

Why is Ryan Harris not included?. Surely with Lee out - his experience becomes key. Ben Laughin is utter joke selection :facepalm

----------

ICC World Twenty20 2012: Kevin Pietersen out of World Twenty20 squad | Cricket News | ICC World Twenty20 2012 | ESPN Cricinfo

How is Owiash Shah not one of best 30 T20 players available to England??. SMH

Last edited:
How is Owiash Shah not one of best 30 T20 players available to England??. SMH

This (and KP, of course). Looking forward to a disastrous T20 world cup campaign for England. Tipping the Windies to go all the way.

Most of our squad self picks itself.

Sehwag, Gambhir, Kohli, Rohit, Raina, Dhoni, Ashwin, Zaheer, Ojha and Yadav. That's 10, so really only 5 spots open for the rest of the 20 to squish into.

My last 5 would have to be Irfan, Rahane, Dinda, Manoj and Rahul.

Most of our squad self picks itself.

Sehwag, Gambhir, Kohli, Rohit, Raina, Dhoni, Ashwin, Zaheer, Ojha and Yadav. That's 10, so really only 5 spots open for the rest of the 20 to squish into.

My last 5 would have to be Irfan, Rahane, Dinda, Manoj and Rahul.

So no Yuvraj if he is fit?

Huge if right there, but if he does manage to get fit and score some runs, I don't know how anyone could deny him a spot. He can bat, bowl and is pretty decent around the field, used to be a lot better though.

I'd take out Irfan Pathan and put him in as our AR tbh.

Pakistan looking really strong here. A lot of star performers, they'll just have to play and jell together as a unit. Definitely in with a strong chance to stake their 2nd claim at the trophy.

All I want is Razzaq to play. He smashes everytime, great to watch him.

I'd love to see Rahane, Rayudu and Ojha make the final squad.

I am not too excited about having Rahane in. We are already too top heavy with Sehwag, Gambhir and Kohli. Especially Gambhir and Kohli have to come out within the first three spots of the batting order or else their value diminishes greatly. And Rahane with his batting style is not a guy that I would put anywhere below No.3.

This would be my Indian 15:

Sehwag, Gambhir, Kohli, Yuvraj/Mandeep, Raina, Dhoni, Rohit, Rayudu, Ashwin, Rahul, Ojha/Praveen, Irfan, Yadav, Dinda, Balaji

Picked Balaji for Praveen Kumar because Balaji did really well for KKR in the recent IPL (pace wise, nothing much to seperate him from Praveen) and somehow attitude wise, I like him more than Praveen. I won't take Zaheer for this tournament because he would be too slow on the field. If Yuvraj is fit, he takes his place, but if not, I would give Mandeep a shot. And if Yuvraj is fit, we don't need a third spinner, so Praveen Kumar would be in for Ojha. Rayudu because he can keep too when Dhoni can't play and Rayudu has been deserving a place for long now.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread