T20 World Cup 2012

Aalay

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
Are they having quarterfinals or just semi finals for this? ie. is it the top of each group in the semis? Or top 2 from each group go into the quarterfinals?

I think It should be the same format as every time. I mean it should be top 2 from each group playing quarter finals then semi.

S

Satan666

Interesting build up to this World Cup, Pakistan, England and Australia are strong contenders as always, the chokers South Africa is the black sheep for me, while Bangladesh are also strong contenders, additionally the West Indian team are flooded with T20 stars.

Its an open cup for me.

I cant see india winning any games, New Zealand may surprise us with a win here and there while any upsets from the minnows is always welcomed.

Ahmad94

Staff Member
PAK...
KK
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
^Are you joking. With formats like IPL running for 5 years. They are playing on close to home pitch. They are one of the favourites

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
^Are you joking. With formats like IPL running for 5 years. They are playing on close to home pitch. They are one of the favourites

No he is right! India play only in IPL these days. The World Cup, they won because it was a major tournament with a lot of emotion attached to it. Other than that, India's interest in international cricket is waning drastically, and with all the differences and attitudes that has creeped into our senior players (particularly Dhoni, Gambhir, Sehwag, etc), I dont see us winning a major international tournament until the current lot exits.

Ahmad94

Staff Member
PAK...
KK
No he is right! India play only in IPL these days. The World Cup, they won because it was a major tournament with a lot of emotion attached to it. Other than that, India's interest in international cricket is waning drastically, and with all the differences and attitudes that has creeped into our senior players (particularly Dhoni, Gambhir, Sehwag, etc), I dont see us winning a major international tournament until the current lot exits.

Careful, no bad words on Sehwaq. If yudi reads this, you will enter his hit list. LOL

AbhishekS

Chairman of Selectors
Well remove Dhoni and the attitudes of every player will back to normal. He is the main cause for all these rifts in the team.

Sehwag has a problem with him.
Gambhir has a problem with him.
Sachin has a problem with him.
Harbhajan has a problem with him.
In short, the entire team has a problem with him.

S

Satan666

Lets take a holistic look at their possibilities, at present they're ranked 7th in T20 cricket, Australia the team above them in the standings are 700 points higher. On current form certainly they're not favourites.

Furthermore in their last matches against Proteas, Poms and Aussies they have only won one game against the Australians.

Additionally in recent times, well in the last six years or so the Indian pitches have been classified as roads, flat nothing to offer for batsman, completely different to the type of pitches Sri Lanka are offering these days.

Its funny and pathetic at the same time you use the IPL to back Team India, on the contrary the reason India are so weak in all forms is primarily due to the IPL, however I do sympathise with you. The truth is world cricket needs a strong Indian side but at present their drastic decline in all forms continues at a very fast pace.

----------

Good point there mate, team unity is certainly at one of its lowest in recent times. Exactly what was the reason for the Sehwag/Dhoni, think Gambir/Dhoni rift again, I am not sure i think it was to do with Dhoni's rotation policy?

----------

Well remove Dhoni and the attitudes of every player will back to normal. He is the main cause for all these rifts in the team.

Sehwag has a problem with him.
Gambhir has a problem with him.
Sachin has a problem with him.
Harbhajan has a problem with him.
In short, the entire team has a problem with him.

Haha a bit drastic there mate. But I hear you. Thing is who will be the captain, I think Kholi isnt mature enough to carry the expectations of a billion+ population on his shoulders, maybe Sehwag is the only other option.

Ahmad94

Staff Member
PAK...
KK
^I am not fond of the IPL. And after reading what you road I agree. Maybe they are one of the weaker sides.

Pakistan, (inshallah) will win, if the batting clicks. Bowling is world class as long as they drop Umar Gul and replace with Sohail Tanvir. My XI for Pakistan

Hafeez (c)
Ahmed Shehzad
Asad Shafiq
Umar Akmal(+)
Shoaib Malik
Shahid Afridi
Abdul Razzaq
Sohail Tanvir
Yasir Arafat/Umar Gul
Mohammed Sami/Abdur Rehman
Saeed Ajmal

Epic

Panel of Selectors
Good point there mate, team unity is certainly at one of its lowest in recent times. Exactly what was the reason for the Sehwag/Dhoni, think Gambir/Dhoni rift again, I am not sure i think it was to do with Dhoni's rotation policy?

I'm sure it's not just the rotation policy, something personal maybe.

Haha a bit drastic there mate. But I hear you. Thing is who will be the captain, I think Kholi isnt mature enough to carry the expectations of a billion+ population on his shoulders, maybe Sehwag is the only other option.

Gambhir could do it, don't know how well, but he could.

S

Satan666

Well atleast we agree on something, honestly I expect Pakistan to win, really my dream final would be Pakistan and West Indies, both teams are flooded with players of the T20 generation, hard hitters, fast men, mystery spinners and some of the best fielders of the generation.

----------

I'm sure it's not just the rotation policy, something personal maybe.

Gambhir could do it, don't know how well, but he could.

I guess evry team has their difference but when it goes public like this has we know its something serious and needs some looking into.

Gambhir, maybe.

sattar

Club Captain
^^If u see both team spinners i think pak is having way better spinners than west indies

S

Satan666

Well obviously they do, Ajmal has been there for a while, however Narine's talents certainly cannot be denied. Remember Bishoo was the ICC emerging player for last year also.

1iram1

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
hard hitters

I wouldn't call current Pakistan players hard hitters. I think they are all more on the the defensive side, with Afridi and Akmal being the only exceptions. West Indies on the other hand are filled with hard hitters.

Users who are viewing this thread