T20 World Cup 2012

sattar

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
They are talented but they are new to international cricket and not proven whereas ajmal and afridi has proved it so in spinner i think pakistan are having better spinners

S

Satan666

They are talented but they are new to international cricket and not proven whereas ajmal and afridi has proved it so in spinner i think pakistan are having better spinners

Apparently you're unable to comprehend my posts. Didnt I alluded to the fact of Ajmal's experience, I also agree that Pakistani spinners are better, but just better.

You get that right?

Addy

National Board President
We have some exciting young guns like Hammad Azam (not getting enough exposure) and raza hasan + Ahmed Shahzad. I hope that our batting clicks somehow, bowling has never been a problem. Infact with the inclusion of much improved M.Sami (hopefully he will be consistent performer) the pace attack has certainly strengthened in LOIs. Very much impressed with his pace, he has still got it.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Well remove Dhoni and the attitudes of every player will back to normal. He is the main cause for all these rifts in the team.

Sehwag has a problem with him.
Gambhir has a problem with him.
Sachin has a problem with him.
Harbhajan has a problem with him.
In short, the entire team has a problem with him.

Sachin doesn't have a problem with Dhoni. If you are referring to that old "Sachin spoke negatively about Dhoni in the press", Aalay responded to that saying Sachin never said anything like that. Sehwag and Gambhir have their problems with Dhoni, but these two guys have been performing badly or shown wrong/bad attitude in recent times. Sehwag opted for the shoulder operation after it was known that Delhi was out of IPL 2011. Thats how he missed the England tour, and when he came back, he was horrible. Gambhir is another crack nut who sides with his buddy Sehwag. Probably Gambhir under-performed in England and Australia to undermine Dhoni's captaincy.

Sehwag is the problem. Take him out (and probably Gambhir too if he misbehaves), and everything will be fine. Both these guys have massively under-performed in recent times and being the team's openers, they have always put India under major pressure. Harbhajan didnt have a problem with Dhoni. He had a problem with Pepsi who did that AD with Dhoni.

sifter132

Panel of Selectors
^I know not as much as you guys, but I get the impression that Sehwag is the problem too. Possibly not a good follower, he healed up very quickly here in Australia once he knew he could be captain for a Test :D

India may have some problems internally, but in just 20 overs they have more than enough talent to win - write them off at your peril!!

That's the thing about T20, it's really open and even if you win this World Cup it will probably come down to one good/bad over or some other little factor. Too hard to predict.

Aalay

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
I thought Sehwag was the most egoistic person in the Indian cricket team. Even though I like both Sehwag and Dhoni, I still think that it is Sehwag who is the main cause of rift.

I made it clear to you(Yudi) in CSK thread as well that Sachin and Harbhajann never had a problem with Dhoni. It was only Sehwag who had problem with Dhoni. And suddenly Gambhir also was having some problem during the Australia tour but apart from those two, nobody has any problem with Dhoni.

In the link I am providing, read the part under "On Dhoni's leadership".
Cricket | ICC Cricket World Cup | Harbhajan hits out at critics | ESPNSTAR.com

On the thread topic, I think India will do fairly well because they are familiar with the conditions. I hope they will do well.

S

Satan666

On the thread topic, I think India will do fairly well because they are familiar with the conditions. I hope they will do well.

Tell me exactly what similar conditions they have, and when last has India played a full series in Sri Lanka. Also saying that Team India would do well based solely on 'familiarity with conditions' is a bit naive.

1iram1

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
^ I think they've got a lot of good T20 batsmen and they play very well in flat tracks. Their bowling is their weak point and that might end up costing them.

I will put South Africa, Pakistan, India, and West Indies as favorites.

Aalay

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
Tell me exactly what similar conditions they have, and when last has India played a full series in Sri Lanka. Also saying that Team India would do well based solely on 'familiarity with conditions' is a bit naive.

-Weather
-Pitch (Flat)
-Pitch (It mainly helps spinners, same as India)

And the last series was in 2010 but just before the World cup we are touring them again for ODI's and T20

Sri Lanka v India | Cricket news, live scores, fixtures, features and statistics on ESPN Cricinfo

And I am not saying that India will do well just because we are familiar with conditions but we have players who are more then capable to make it possible.

Epic

Panel of Selectors
I don't know how India will go tbh, and this is coming from the guy who thought we could draw the final Test at The Oval. :rolleyes

----------

Here's my XI(and squad) though. Everyone picked have been picked with reason, some IPL performances, some just on rep.

1. Virender Sehwag
2. Gautam Gambhir
3. Virat Kohli
4. Rohit Sharma
5. Suresh Raina
6. MS Dhoni
7. Irfan Pathan
8. Ravichandran Ashwin
9. Zaheer Khan
10. Pragyan Ojha
11. Umesh Yadav

12. Ajinkya Rahane (sorry Dhawan)
13. Ravindra Jadeja
14. Rahul Sharma
15. Parvinder Awana

sattar

Club Captain
Their bowling is their weak point and that might end up costing them
Exactly Indian batting is great but the point is you cant win all matches by batting.teams win by overhaul performance in which it include bowling batting and fielding whereas our(pakistan)strongest point is bowling.but india is a good team no doubt in it i would love to have indo pak final

StinkyBoHoon

National Board President
I will wait and see how they preform over the next few months but the west indies actually do have enough talent to win in this format. It will require the lesser players manning up and doing a job as well as a degree of unity and teamwork that they have struggled to nurture.

but with gayle, narine and pollard that's a cuddly little bunch of high impact players.

Last edited:

Paki007

Panel of Selectors
Expecting gayle to score first 200 in t20s ;) Well i have a feeling that Windies might qualify for the final this time around.They are a pretty good t20 side

S

Satan666

-Weather
-Pitch (Flat)
-Pitch (It mainly helps spinners, same as India)

And the last series was in 2010 but just before the World cup we are touring them again for ODI's and T20

Sri Lanka v India | Cricket news, live scores, fixtures, features and statistics on ESPN Cricinfo

And I am not saying that India will do well just because we are familiar with conditions but we have players who are more then capable to make it possible.

Big time contradiction there. Study cricket then come back and argue with me. India will fail miserably in this T20 cup.

----------

Exactly Indian batting is great but the point is you cant win all matches by batting.teams win by overhaul performance in which it include bowling batting and fielding whereas our(pakistan)strongest point is bowling.but india is a good team no doubt in it i would love to have indo pak final

I agree with you on everything, except this in bold.

Aalay

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
Big time contradiction there. Study cricket then come back and argue with me. India will fail miserably in this T20 cup.

I think it is you who needs to study and gain some knowledge in cricket not me. Sri Lankan pitch are flat and helps spinners mainly. That is the reason they have so many spinners in their domestic cricket with bowling average of 15 to 20.

I also heard people saying the same thing in 2007 WC but India end up winning that WC. So predicting before WC has even started is not an intelligent thing to do.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread