TAOC Discussion

Working on the AI?

I had a question. Is this game going to be a reasonable single player game?
How the AI is going to work? After spending only a few hours with BLIC 2007/EA 2007 I realised that they were broken. Certain 'perfect' deliveries ruin the game completely. Thinking logically, I realised there's really no good solution for making an imperfect* AI without feedback.
*I say imperfect because you do want to be able to succeed as a bowler too..

In TAOC, do you guys plan to get a bunch of beta testers play a huge number of human vs human games, under different conditions, and somehow 'store' this information, for the computer to use in the future? You could even make the computer 'learn' how to play better over a period of time?

Keep up the work.
Shreyas

Take Your Tome

no hurry takes as long as your like the longer u take the better it will be ea made their games to quickl.if its going to longer than excepted just keep going cant give up and bring a demo if it takes to long. like i said dont hurry just keep at it if u can thats how games become good.

Can aynone give me an apprxomite release date for this?

+

Where itwill be available 4 download

To have come from this to this in over three years is great progress. Patience is needed and effort is needed to make this game and the team have that. Stop rushing a great game and try to have the same patience as the team.

I remember this being announced ages ago. They did denote a 2007 release at some stage as I recall, but as we can tell, that's not the situation we have right now. People still don't realise that this is a part time thing. Every update leaves me in awe of what has been accomplished. And doing Software Design in school, I know it's very very difficult to even manufacture pieces of this game.

Like I always say, whether it's released now or in the year 2010, you guys have accomplished so much.

Hope you guys enjoy your Christmas.

firstly the answer of second question is easy
As the game makers have said that it will be the free game,then it will be obviously on the internet and for game release they said that when there AI work is complete then they will RELEASE A DEMO so my guessing is that about 1 month they will release the demo and about six months they will release the full version.

SORRY FOR MY ENGLISH

---Nabeel---

Will the game have an Autoplay feature??
I hope it does, a lack of an autoplay feature was my main gripe with BLIC 2005. I like being able to skip a session or a certain number of overs and play from there, it's fun seeing how you can develop the situation. Makes it a lot more interesting. Cricket 2002 was good for the autoplay feature; you could skip overs, sessions or innings.

I hope it does, a lack of an autoplay feature was my main gripe with BLIC 2005. I like being able to skip a session or a certain number of overs and play from there, it's fun seeing how you can develop the situation. Makes it a lot more interesting. Cricket 2002 was good for the autoplay feature; you could skip overs, sessions or innings.
Dunno about 2002, but in 2000 you could auto play a single ball, which seemed extremely pointless to me.

Autoplay is a good test of AI, if you can get similar results from you playing the computer to the computer playing the computer, then the AI is doing a good job.

Is confidence going to play apart in autoplay as sometimes your bowling and they may be first 1/16 and then theres some partnership you cant get out and they're 1/110 then you go to autoplay and that gets it for you. Thats my main gripe with autoplay, people will cheat.
Although it doesn't really matter because your cheating yourself anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread