Tennis Thread

Djokovic played really well. Deserves that win. What a proud man his coach would be who himself was the last man from Serbia to make to the Wimbledon Final.

Sam Stosur playing her second grand slam final in about 30 minutes. Serena Williams tendency to eat line judges is cause for some concern, but I'm still confident Sam can win her first slam.

----------

williamsi.jpg
637364-samantha-stosur.jpg

Stosur just took out the first set, quite amazed she did so as I thought the Sept 11 would get Williams through. Just took a punt on her at the bookies paying $6 as that is too tempting to resist so either way I come out of this happy now :p Just wish I bet on Stosur before the match as I would have won either way.

fearsome tweak YES! :clap

31 year drought for Aussie women winning a slam. Williams was totally outclassed and cracked under the pressure before the match even kicked off. Again she attempted to consume an umpire early in the second set, and seemed to fire up for a few games, but Stosur was too strong.

Congrats Stosur this is the stepping stone she needed to kick her career off. Can't wait to see how she goes next year.

Yeah, we know she can definitely match the best on clay and hard courts now, so that's 3/4 covered. No one cares about Wimbledon anyway.

I'd be quite annoyed if I had tickets for the ATP masters semi finals on the assumption that I was going to see Nadal, Djokovic or Murray. :D

Absolutely but seeing the way Federer is playing, it wont be that big a disappointment. ;)

Be nice to see the Fed finish the year on a high..

Then have some rest and come back next year fresh,,

I can see him picking up a couple of grand slams next year, he looks like he has some hunger back and what with Nadal seeming to have lost an edge to his game things are looking up.. next year could see him retire on a high..

The great man deserves another grand slam or 2,, no one would argue that.

Roger:thumbs:thumbs

aussie open started. murray has the hardest draw imo, and was the only one to drop a set in the 1st round but given how little that's ever proved to count it's hardly worth mentioning.

fed v nadal in the semi's for the first time in almost 6 years!!

Aussie Kim Clijsters in the midst of a great comeback against some asian chick. Lost the first set and the second went to a tiebreak where Kim saved 4 consecutive match points and took the set. Now serving to go up 5-1 in the third :thumbs

Some pretty easy matches coming up for the Aussie men to advance to the quarters. Hewitt against some Serbian and Tomic against an effeminate Swiss guy.

Hewitt vs. Jokovic will kick off after the orgasmic Sharapova reaches her climax with the German Lickylicky. I'm 0/5 with my tips this weekend, so Hewitt must be due :thumbs

Users who are viewing this thread