The 2008 Beijing Olympics Thread

All the Aussie media has been saying we have cheated because we won more gold medals.

Another thing we are better than them at. :)

I haven't read in 1 newspaper nor have I seen 1 news program on the news even mentioning England specifically in the olympics.

And if you don't beat Australia that's disgraceful. Are you aware how bigger your population is? If you look at medals per capita; Australia are one of if not the best sporting nation in the world. They came 4th in 2000, 2004 and came 6th in 2008 with a population of only about 21 million. That's brilliant.

Are you aware how much fatter our population is :p There has been a lot of stuff on tv over here from the Aussie media which everyone was laughing at during the olympics.

Anyway don't worry no-one thinks you're sore losers, France on the other hand, The latest one was their stupid president trying to claim a victory for the EU over China :D

Are you aware how much fatter our population is :p There has been a lot of stuff on tv over here from the Aussie media which everyone was laughing at during the olympics.

Actually Australia is the fattest country in the world. We have jumped ahead of the US.

And what was the 'stuff'

How are you the fattest country in the world, you're all meant to be fit. I know you have Mark Viduka but come on. :D

Just stuff like you guys saying we only win medals sitting down and rubbish like that :p

How are you the fattest country in the world, you're all meant to be fit. I know you have Mark Viduka but come on. :D

Just stuff like you guys saying we only win medals sitting down and rubbish like that :p

ahahahaha, snap!!

It was a few months ago that we were officially the fattest country there is, woohoo!!

And yeh i did hear them say that about the Brits, i forget which channel though, but its so true though:p Nah i think we are jealous, the Aussies really did expect to win quite a few medals in the cycling which we are normally the best at, except we got pwned by the motherland:help

Anyway, the best moment of the Olympics was that German weightlifter who lost his wife a year ago, and won the gold. And at the medal presentation he held that picture up of her.

China took drugs lol. No-one becomes so much better than everyone else in 4 years. Seriously, though. I can't help but think that in a country with such appalling human rights, the athletes were drilled mercilessly to be the best in fear of letting down national pride.

On a side, Karen Cockburn has to be the most unfortunate name I've ever seen.

Also, how easy would it be to fix the diving by 'persuading' the judges to give higher scores to all the Chinese competitors?

I'd just like to say I'm really looking forwards to London 2012. If we can do that well away from home, imagine how well we'll do with a home crowd behind us! Also, the climate will naturally be a lot more suitable to our athletes.

Actually Australia is the fattest country in the world. We have jumped ahead of the US.

And what was the 'stuff'

Less of a jump, more of a determined waddle!

Will_NA said:
No-one becomes so much better than everyone else in 4 years. Seriously, though. I can't help but think that in a country with such appalling human rights, the athletes were drilled mercilessly to be the best in fear of letting down national pride.

You've pretty much described communism, Will.

China took drugs lol. No-one becomes so much better than everyone else in 4 years. Seriously, though. I can't help but think that in a country with such appalling human rights, the athletes were drilled mercilessly to be the best in fear of letting down national pride.

On a side, Karen Cockburn has to be the most unfortunate name I've ever seen.
Indeed, one wonders just how a nation can get so much better in the space of just four years...

Oh, you were talking about China. Them too.

One thing that neither off or on topic. The Aussie's are coming to Wales!!!!
The Aussie paralympic team for 2012 are training in Wales.

It's no secret that some members of the GB cycling team were using Yorkshire tea and Jaffa Cakes as their diet for GB success.
That lass on t'BBC reckoned so.

Users who are viewing this thread