ENG....
SRH...
QG
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
Sorry for missing my picks. I am currently on a trip (along with @Mittal2002 and @sanchitgarg :spy ) so I don’t think we three would be able to post any picks before 8th

ahmedleo414

The Butcher
PAK...
LQ
The Boys
Profile Flag
Canada
Niall O'Brien

GettyImages-958338650-e1588763565932-980x530.jpg

StatsMatchesRunsHSBatting Ave100s/50sCatchesStumps
First Class1769,05718235.5115/4849248
Test118189.000/02-

Eligibility: Played 2 innings out of 2 at position 4 = 100%

Bio from cricinfo:

Niall O'Brien, a left-handed batsman and wicketkeeper renowned for his competitiveness and relentless chirping behind the stumps, played the innings that forced the cricketing world to take note of Ireland. His magnificent 72, which were over three-quarters of Ireland's runs while he was at the crease, underpinned the St Patrick's Day victory over Pakistan in the 2007 World Cup. He later contributed 63 against England in the tournament. He went on to be one of Ireland's most capped players.

As a player for Kent, O'Brien was already known to many of the English players. But when Geraint Jones lost his England place it led to O'Brien being released by Kent, and he moved to Northamptonshire at the start of the 2008 season. He enjoyed considerable success at the county, being named as Northants' Player of the Year at the end of the 2008 season and securing a three-year contract. After Nicky Boje relinquished the captaincy and Andrew Hall took up the position, O'Brien was named as his deputy. He was stripped of the position and banned from the team, however, for a breach of team disciplinary rules in June 2010. Although he was subsequently cleared at a disciplinary hearing and restored to the squad he no longer held the position of vice-captain and a fractured finger kept him out of action for most of the season.

Despite continuing to perform consistently - he averaged 35.72 in first-class cricket for Northants - O'Brien moved to Leicestershire at the start of the 2013 season on a three-year contract, where his experience brought solidity to a vulnerable batting line-up. In 2014 he scored 971 first-class runs, his highest tally in an English season. He retired from county cricket at the end of 2016 as his 35th birthday approached and took up a career opportunity in talent management. Although he planned to settle in Leicestershire, he had plans to play for Leinster Lightning in the new first-class competition scheduled for 2017 and did not retire from international cricket.

My team so far:

1. :ind: :bat: Prithvi Shaw
  2. A
  3. :ind: :bat: Cheteshwar Pujara
  4. :ire: :wkb: Niall O'Brien
  5. :ire: :ar: Kevin O'Brien
  6. :ind: :ar: Yuvraj Singh
  7. E
  8. R
  9. O
  10. O
  11. T
@ddrap14 you can go next

ddrap14

Shitposter in Chief
AUS..
Brisbane Heat
Profile Flag
Australia
:ban: Javed Omar might be the only 'O' opener I can find so I'll slide in and take him.

@Mittal2002 when you get back you have another pick
@qpeedore it is for now

ddrap14

Shitposter in Chief
AUS..
Brisbane Heat
Profile Flag
Australia
I don't even need to tell you that Martin Crowe spent most of his time at four, nor do I need to tell you that he's an all time great at four.

@sanchitgarg is away
@Yash. is away
@mohsin7827 is not away so it's your turn

@ahmedleo414 only three of us are available now, so since Yash, Sanchit and Mittal get back on the 8th (according to Yash's post), I suggest we pause drafting for 48h

ahmedleo414

The Butcher
PAK...
LQ
The Boys
Profile Flag
Canada
@ahmedleo414 only three of us are available now, so since Yash, Sanchit and Mittal get back on the 8th (according to Yash's post), I suggest we pause drafting for 48h
I think we should keep going, they can catch up when they get back. It's just 24 hours remaining, it's the same as if one person didn't make his pick

Users who are viewing this thread