Story The Ashes. England Tour Australia (Massive Problem, with computer)

Who will win The Ashes (Reps for correct answer)

• Total voters
I wont count Mascarenhas in tail i will consider him as a lower order batsman. Great knock by him and Collingwood but the score is too low to defend. Interesting to Hodge was given more overs than Lee, Ponting with strage tactics here. Nice to see you getting more edges as we can see Gilchrist has taken lots of catches :). Also your presentation has improved a lot, nice skills. Are u using Paintshop ?

As i have stated earlier that Monty will pick more wickets.
KUTGW and nice presentation :)

fanball_logo.jpg
England bowlers make amazing start!

With such a low total by England, the Australian batsmen had a very good chance to take this match quickly away from the English. Hayden and Hussey strode confidently out looking to create a big first wicket partnership. The new ball was to be taken by Matthew Hoggard and James Anderson and there was a real need for them to get some early wickets. And early wickets are what they delivered. The new ball was swinging all over the place, with lots of variable bounce, causing the opening pair big trouble in the first couple of overs. Eventually Hoggard trapped Hussey LBW when he got one to nip back which Hussey had left and he was trapped plum in front. Hussey was gone for a duck.

CopyofCricket20052007-11-1918-36-45.jpg

Ricky Ponting the best Test batsman in the world was the new batsman. If England wanted to make a good start his wicket would be the crucial one to get. The new ball was swinging around still quite a bit, and James Anderson got one to nip back and catch him on his pads. Ponting had got a big stride forward and appeared to be hit outside the line. A mute appeal went up, yet Billy Bowden surprised everyone and gave him out LBW. That was a duck for Ponting although it should not have been given out!

CopyofCricket20052007-11-1918-42-50.jpg

Matthew Hayden was the next man to perish. A slightly over pitched delivery by Hoggard and slightly wide, Hayden attempted to drive him through the covers. However the ball nipped of the seam, moving away from Hayden, catching the edge of his bat, where he was caught at second slip by Owais Shah. this was another big wicket and Australia were now 3/3 :eek:

CopyofCricket20052007-11-2007-19-22.jpg

Things went from bad to worse for Australia, when Flintoff was brought into the attack, and got a wicket with his fourth ball. He got one to swing viciously back into Martyn which he had planned on leaving. He was however made to look a fool when tha ball clipped the top of off stump, and he had to walk back to the pavillion with the jeers of the English fans ringing in his ears. Australia were now 4/4. Could the middle order save them now?

CopyofCricket20052007-11-2007-22-54.jpg

Hodge and Clarke were the two new batsmen and they seemed to learn from their predecessors that leaving the ball was a dangerous option unless it was very wide. So they tried to get the bat onto everything. However with the ball nipping all over the place from the seamers and the spin of Panesar, leaving them bamboozled there were numerous close calls for the pair. The English bowlers begun to get frustrated and there were a few lossed deliveries bowled which gave the batsmen chances to score some runs.

Cricket20052007-11-2007-37-11-57.jpg

Clarke and Hodge made it to Lunch with only 36 runs being scored for the loss of 4 wickets. However the pair had begun to grow in confidence, and the Australian fans had begun to perk up as a few boundaries were scored. However with only Adam Gilchrist being the next recognised batsman followed by the tail, these two had to guard their wicket with extreme caution.

Cricket20052007-11-2007-52-41-14.jpg

It was a fantastic morning for the English bowlers, with Hoggard getting two wickets and Flintoff and Anderson getting one apiece. Panesar had looked dangerous and was unfortunate not to get a wicket. Mascarenhas went for a few from his two overs. Hopefully the batsmen will be able to deal with the swing bowlers as the new ball loses it shine but then the reverse swing might begin to play a part in all this.

Cricket20052007-11-2007-52-50-68.jpg

fanball_logo.jpg

Sky Sports Prediction Contest

Entries are now closed for the prediction contest on who will take the most wickets. Good luck

Cricketers Corner (with Ian Harvey)

_39466145_harvey270.jpg
I have been very disappointed with the way the Australian top order batted this morning. I had hoped that they could post a big total after the great work the bowlers have done, but the new ball has been unplayable. Credit should also go to the English seam attack for causing them so many problems by putting it in the right areas but i would not have liked to have been out there. I really hope that these two can build a big partnership, as if they get out quickly, Australia could look at still only having a two figure score :eek:

Yes, Australians are batting in very unusual way. Very suprising. And regarding those LBWs in AI patch, i have sent you the PM. check it out :)

Presentation is top class, Tom! :clap

Poor batting by Australia. England with a big chance to restrict Australia to a low score. Great presentation mate :)

btw are u using Cricket doctor's AI patch ?

That is really dodgy AI if you are leaving the ball when it is that close to the stumps (Hussey's dismissal). England could get a lead here if these two don't bat for a while.

Last edited:
Looks like your having the same problem with Tutsiv6 as I am Tom.

The CPU barley attack, don't know why it works for gamer and suren but not us!

wow are you bowling (actually you playing) what level is it

well played aussie could make under 100 that would be awesome
good update

Looks like your having the same problem with Tutsiv6 as I am Tom.

The CPU barley attack, don't know why it works for gamer and suren but not us!

I know. It is really annoying! I might take Suren's avice and let the batsmen build their confidence up with deliveries outside off stump but it does not seem very realistic

Well it isn't very realistic that all of these Australian batsmen are getting out :D

Users who are viewing this thread