Story The Ashes. England Tour Australia (Massive Problem, with computer)

Who will win The Ashes (Reps for correct answer)

• Total voters
fanball_logo.jpg
England stutter but Bell and Pietersen come to the rescue

So after Australia were bowled out for a measely 92, it gave the chance for the English batsmen to really get an unassailable total. Iam Botham had a quick word before the openers Owais Shah and Alistair Cook walked out and afterwards he told us that he was telling them to make sure they got themselves settled before playing any flamboyant shots.

However this advice was obviously not taken onboard. Alistair Cook fell very early on when he went after a wide one from Kasprowicz which he edged to gully for a simple catch. The Australian team were really pleased to have made such a breakthrough, as they really needed early weickets if they were to get England out for a low total, and leave them any chance in this match. Alistair Cook was very angry with himself and had to endure the jeers of the Australian fans as he walked back to the pavillion.

Cricket20052007-11-2118-16-13-62.jpg

Owais Shah had heeded Botham's advice and did make a very careful start to the innings, with a lot of deliveries being left or given a dead bat. Warne was introduced into the attack as Shah had begun to try some more agressive shots. Warne did make the breakthrough when he put the doosra in there, which completely deceived Shah and he was plum LBW. Shah would have been hoping to impress the selectors with these two innings but he will be very disappointed to have made such low scores. Hopefully he will be able to get a second chance but if Strauss is fit his place will be in doubt.

Cricket20052007-11-2218-26-25-14.jpg

This meant that Ian Bell and Kevin Pietersen were the two new batsmen at the crease. With it still being only Day 2, these two had a lot of time to play for and so could afford to play a defensive game, putting away the bad balls but not being drawn into any stupid shots. It begun to tell as the partnership begun to grow. As the partnership reached 50, both batsmen were in the thirties and had taken a long time to get there. They were receiving a lot of abuse from the Australian fans who wanted them to bat more agressively. However they ignored the comments, and knuckled down and begun to move England forward to a big total.

Cricket20052007-11-2318-15-08-20.jpg

These two made it to the end of the day with Pietersen on 37 and Bell on 39. It was 103/2 with the English fans very pleased at the way the Second Innings had been going, especially after the early departure of both openers. 29 Overs had been played and so the ball had lost it's shine and so Warne, Hodge and Clarke will be eyeing it up.

Cricket20052007-11-2320-29-42-17.jpg

The main bowler for the Australians in this session had been Kasprowicz who had got through 12 overs and picked up one wicket. The other wicket taker had been Warne. It had not been a bad session for the Australian bowlers even though they had only got 2 wickets, they did keep the score down, but they really need to get England out for a low total tomorrow

Cricket20052007-11-2320-29-47-57.jpg

fanball_logo.jpg

Sky Sports Prediction Contest

The contest for who will pick up the most wickets is closed now. Good luck to all who entered.

Cricketer's Corner (with Robert Croft)

croftpabg.jpg
This has been a very sucessful session for England. Ian Bell and Kevin have really come to the party today with their innings going along very nicely. It will be important that tomorrow they get into touch again before playing agressive shots as you can expect the ball to swing around tomorrow morning. This match is swinging heavily into England's favour, and hopefully they can take a 1-0 lead into the third match.

flag.jpg

England is batting far more better than Aussies did. ;) Unless some Windies style collapse occurs for England, they are safe.

Keep up the great works. :)

If these two go on a team might actually get above 200 in this series!

awesome story mate...hopefully kp and belly can do the trick for england

Nice little graphic with KP and Bell at the end of the post there. Somehow I don't think my prediction will come true as Bracken has only bowled 3 overs.

England doing well thanks to Bell and KP. They both should stay at the wicket for a long time and get a big score on the board. I reckon England winning this match. Nice graphics. Excellent work with the KP and Bell graphics. Nice presentation as well :)

Thanks everyone for the comments. I'm updating my story tomorrow. I'm also hopefully gettng Photoshop to improve the story's graphics even more, which should take place in a couple of updates time. Once again thank you for reading this story.

Steady partnership building between Bell and Peitersen,Hopefully one of them can score a big century.
Great pres mate!

Good to hear that you will be getting Photoshop. Should make the graphics look a lot neater. Do you currently use Paint?

Good to hear that you will be getting Photoshop. Should make the graphics look a lot neater. Do you currently use Paint?

No I currently use Photo Express, which is alright. Sorry for not updating today but my internet decided to throw a wobbly and wouldn't work so I will try and update this evening but no guarantees. Also the photoshop updates should take effect in three updates time, as I need to learn to use it and I will be using Photo Express during the learning period. Thank you once agin for reading my story :)

Users who are viewing this thread