Story The Ashes. England Tour Australia (Massive Problem, with computer)

Who will win The Ashes (Reps for correct answer)

• Total voters
I know. It is really annoying! I might take Suren's avice and let the batsmen build their confidence up with deliveries outside off stump but it does not seem very realistic

I will play another match in the bowling conditions and will try to ball full and straight. Let's see if the AI leaves it or blocks it. Don't worry Tom and Punk I will try to get a solution of this problem ;)

That is really dodgy AI if you are leaving the ball when it is that close to the stumps (Hussey's dismissal). England could get a lead here if these two don't bat for a while.

I bet he was batting as Aus. The AI would not do that.

I will play another match in the bowling conditions and will try to ball full and straight. Let's see if the AI leaves it or blocks it. Don't worry Tom and Punk I will try to get a solution of this problem ;)

That would be really good of you mate. Thanks

I bet he was batting as Aus. The AI would not do that.

Punk has also had the same problem as well. Why would I try and ruin my story?

Just to announce I am changing to Boss's patch as bowling with Tutsi's is to easy. I have finished the English second innings, and so will be bowling at the Aussies with Boss's

EDIT - Just thought I have to say that this patch is much better. I have played 10 overs and it is much more realistic. This should improve the story by miles

Last edited:
fanball_logo.jpg
England rip through Australian tail

Well it was a very good session for the English bowlers especially Monty Panesar, who had great sucess against the Australian lower middle order and tail. Clarke was the first batsman to go after the break, when a beautiful delivery from Jimmy Anderson beat him for pace. He was very disappointed as he had really stuck in there, but the interval much have made him lose his touch and lose his wicket.

Cricket20052007-11-2010-48-29-26.jpg

Adam Gilchrist was then completely undone by an inswinging yorker by Flintoff, which left Gilchrist shocked, as it was a very difficult delivery to face so early on. This now exposed the Australian tail, although considering the way the rest of the batsmen had been batting it would not make a difference.

Cricket20052007-11-2014-04-26-26.jpg

Monty then got the crucial wicket of Brad Hodge for 42 when he trapped him LBW, attempting to sweep. This was a very good knock by Hodge in difficult circumstances, and he should be pleased with his effort. This should help selectors pick him above Andrew Symonds who has been out of form recently

Cricket20052007-11-2014-08-19-68.jpg

The tail quickly fell without any real resistance with Monty picking up another two wickets bringing his tally for this innings to three. Lee and Bracken were his victims. Lee leaving a straight one, and Bracken being completely muddled and spooning one to Mascarenhas. Kaspo then fell after a brief innings to KP but it meant Australia were all out for 92 :eek:

Cricket20052007-11-2014-11-37-25.jpg

Cricket20052007-11-2014-14-34-82.jpg

Hodge top scored with a battling 42. Here is his wagon wheel.

Cricket20052007-11-2014-16-31-46.jpg

So Australia are all out for 92. What a shocking batting display. Only three people made it into double figures and one of those was Bracken at eleven. Serious questions are going to have to be asked and their Second Innings performance will need to be lots better. The only positive was Hodge, whose 42 saved them from a very embarrising total.

Cricket20052007-11-2014-25-05-23.jpg

The English seam attack was very sucessful picking up 6 wickets between them. However Monty was the star getting figures of 3/20. That was a superb bowling performance by the the English bowlers and they should be very pleased with that performance.

Cricket20052007-11-2014-25-11-07.jpg

fanball_logo.jpg

Cricketer's Corner (with Nick Knight)

nick_knight.gif
I was delighted by the way the English bowlers played today. They really rocked the Australian nation to its foundations. This has definetly made up for England's very average First Innings Score and hopefully they can now capitalise on this oppurtunity and build up an unassailable lead. Monty PAnesar definetly stood out removing Hodge and ripping apart the tail. All in all. A good performance by England :)

Sky Sports Prediction Contest

Congratulations to Left_Hander, freddiw, gamerkid22 who all correctly guessed Monty Panesar would get the most wickets. Reps coming your way.

Now a new competition. Who will get the most wickets for Australia in the English Second Innings?
a) Kasprowicz
b) Bracken
c) Lee
d) Warne
e) Hodge
f) Clarke

Good luck. And the winner's will get reps and if they want, an interview spot in Cricketer's Corner. Good luck!

WOW! 92 all out! :O A great performance there from the English!

I say Warne to get most wickets! :)

Superb bowling by the Englishmen. That is how it is done lads. Great presentation Tom. Keep this story going mate. :)

Lol at Gilly's pic when he got out. Meh that other patch messed up the Innings a bit eh?

I think that Bracken will take the most wickets.

Australia isn't going so well, bowlers need to stand up here.

lol, that should have been a long dream for England to acheive for years :p Anyways, lets see how Aussies respond to this.

I also predict, Warne for taking the most wickets. :)

Users who are viewing this thread