• CerealKiller

• Verified Enigma

• noducksallowed

• icyman / Aravind.

• mohsin7827

• Viper.

• Fenil

Results are only viewable after voting.
A slightly over rated pick for me. Apart from that 143, I feel there wasn't much contribution in the World Cup. But then again a single odd performance can catapult someone to stardom.
I sort of second this but I think he went for the allround potential that followed in the years post the 2003 WC.

24 hours up for @Viper.

Glenn Maxwell and Chaminda Vaas please.

Extremely happy with how the team is shaping up.

A scary batting order for any bowler to bowl and Vaas is one of the best left armers of his time especially in the world cup. His skill with new and older ball was phenomenal. He could bat a bit too if required adding to the balance of the side.

4. Yuvraj
5. ABD
6. Maxwell
7. Kapil Dev
8. Vaas
9. Starc

Vaas is an excellent choice. Lot of people tend to focus more on Malinga, but this fella has been exceptional for Sri Lanka whenever he has played.

Vaas is an excellent choice. Lot of people tend to focus more on Malinga, but this fella has been exceptional for Sri Lanka whenever he has played.
Yes I took him because he was the most complete left arm Pacer I had seen back in the day. Had a lethal in-dipper, a potential off cutter and was a brilliant exponent of reverse swing and very tough to score off. Carried SL new ball attack on his shoulders for years. Youngest man to grab 300 ODI wickets too and possibly had best bowling figures in ODI as well.

Yes I took him because he was the most complete left arm Pacer I had seen back in the day. Had a lethal in-dipper, a potential off cutter and was a brilliant exponent of reverse swing and very tough to score off. Carried SL new ball attack on his shoulders for years. Youngest man to grab 300 ODI wickets too and possibly had best bowling figures in ODI as well.
Vaas is an all timer and was going to be one of my next choices!
Post automatically merged:

@Viper. is next again but has only about 7 hours if I'm not mistaken. I'll take my pick if Viper doesnt come back.

Sorry I forgot, haven’t been well for a while ill
Pick later

I will go with Joel Garner, who has an insane record in ODIs, 146 wickets at an average of 19, with terrifying pace and a World Cup win in 1979.

:ind: Virat Kohli :bat:
:eng: Jos Buttler :wkb:
:pak: Shahid Afridi :ar:
:pak: Wasim Akram :ar:
:pak: Waqar Younis :bwl:
:wi: Joel Garner :bwl:

@Verified Enigma

I will go with Joel Garner, who has an insane record in ODIs, 146 wickets at an average of 19, with terrifying pace and a World Cup win in 1979.

:ind: Virat Kohli :bat:
:eng: Jos Buttler :wkb:
:pak: Shahid Afridi :ar:
:pak: Wasim Akram :ar:
:pak: Waqar Younis :bwl:
:wi: Joel Garner :bwl:

@Verified Enigma
Just FYI, The big bird -- Joel Garner -- didn't have terrifying pace. He relied on extra bounce and lethal toe crushers to pick wickets.

Just FYI, The big bird -- Joel Garner -- didn't have terrifying pace. He relied on extra bounce and lethal toe crushers to pick wickets.
He wasn't a medium pacer either though, and when delivered from a man of his build, the pace would always be terrifying, at least to me :p
And forgot to mention, he also has the best figures in a World Cup final.

:pak: :bwl: Saeed Ajmal
2009 Twenty20 World Cup Winner

Ajmal was one of those rare finger spinners who had a lot of variations up his sleeve. He was a wicket poacher as well as a run blocker together built in one. Probably that's why he is the fourth highest wicket taker in WT20s.

Saeed-Ajmal.jpeg

Bowling Stats:
SpanMatInnsOversMdnsRunsWktsBBIAvgEconSR4w5w
Men's T20 World Cup2009-2014232389.21607364/1916.866.7914.830

Exclusive Enigmas

1. :ind: :ar: Sachin Tendulkar
  2. :aus: :bat: Don Bradman :goldo:

3. :ind: :wkb: MS Dhoni :c: :wk:
  4. :aus: :ar: Andrew Symonds

5. :pak: :bwl: Saeed Ajmal
  6. :sri: :bwl: Lasith Malinga

I am still dealing with fever but a tad better. Here is where the things stand as of now,
@icyman is the next to pick, meanwhile,
@Viper. has two outstanding picks &
@noducksallowed has one outstanding pick

*Since @Viper. has missed two consecutive picks, until he returns to make his picks, everyone can skip him and directly make the next pick till then to save us all some time.

He wasn't a medium pacer either though, and when delivered from a man of his build, the pace would always be terrifying, at least to me :p
And forgot to mention, he also has the best figures in a World Cup final.
Height has nothing to do with pace. It's okay if you want to justify your pick because Garner was really really good but he was a 130ish bowler. What made him potent was extra bounce and Yorkers.

Not taking anything away from him as a bowler but you are trying to associate something that he did not posses. It's like saying Shaun Pollock was terrifying to face and he wasn't a medium Pacer either which is true but not because of his pace.
Post automatically merged:

:pak: :bwl: Saeed Ajmal
2009 Twenty20 World Cup Winner

Ajmal was one of those rare finger spinners who had a lot of variations up his sleeve. He was a wicket poacher as well as a run blocker together built in one. Probably that's why he is the fourth highest wicket taker in WT20s.

Saeed-Ajmal.jpeg

Bowling Stats:
SpanMatInnsOversMdnsRunsWktsBBIAvgEconSR4w5w
Men's T20 World Cup2009-2014232389.21607364/1916.866.7914.830

Exclusive Enigmas

1. :ind: :ar: Sachin Tendulkar
  2. :aus: :bat: Don Bradman :goldo:

3. :ind: :wkb: MS Dhoni :c: :wk:
  4. :aus: :ar: Andrew Symonds

5. :pak: :bwl: Saeed Ajmal
  6. :sri: :bwl: Lasith Malinga

I am still dealing with fever but a tad better. Here is where the things stand as of now,
@icyman is the next to pick, meanwhile,
@Viper. has two outstanding picks &
@noducksallowed has one outstanding pick

*Since @Viper. has missed two consecutive picks, until he returns to make his picks, everyone can skip him and directly make the next pick till then to save us all some time.
There goes my pick.

Users who are viewing this thread