The wishlist thread

What about having a First Person Camera mode for bating? It'll make you feel like the ball is actually coming towards you and would definitely provide some bit of realism in gameplay. Not sure if this has been there in any other game or not but I would like to see it in this one..

Full Flight delivery for spinners .

What about having a First Person Camera mode for bating? It'll make you feel like the ball is actually coming towards you and would definitely provide some bit of realism in gameplay. Not sure if this has been there in any other game or not but I would like to see it in this one..

Something similar was in EA Cricket07.

Nope it wasn't in Ea cricket07 , the batsmen appeared a little bit transparent though .

Didn't BLC 99 have it after official patch released?

Add some exciting shots.... Reverse sweep , Switch hit , Dil scoop , paddle sweep , slog sweep to hit sixes , helicopter shot , short arm jab

What are you doing regarding with the bowling cursor this time round?

I wasn't a fan of the coloured ring, green for good and red for bad

I don't like the idea of being told where I should put the ball, surely the decision is based on the conditions and what batsmen you are facing,

Should be able to place it where we want, for a spinner I found it was always green on a very full delivery in ic10,

I`ve got a relatively short wish list, I think the first two are not too much to ask and are pretty much neccessities.

1: The game must be as editable as much as possible.
2: We must be able to complete online matches, unlike in IC10

My third wish is one which in my opinion could turn a good cricket game into a great one. So CHEIF "PLEASE READ AND CONSIDER"

3: The most exciting part of a cricket game for most is the batting, and the only way to make it exciting and realistic would be to have the bowling cursor appear on the pitch around the time the bowler releases the ball. This means as in real cricket you have a split second to decide what shot to play and where to try to play it. Also crucially we need to be able to adjust the time the cursor appears either side of the ball being released, if we could adjust this in the game settings then we could therefore adjust the difficulty level to suit ourselves.

In previous cricket games the bowling cursor appears so early you have forever to decide the shot to play and where to hit it, this made the games dull and predictable.

In two player mode we should be able to adjust the bowling cursor late in the delivery stride, which was a great addition to the previous games.

hope you read and considered my suggestion CHEIF and thanks for keeping us informed and included in what we all hope is the game we have all been waiting for.

I think my post should feature here too..So here it is...

I have been editing Cricket 2007's gameplay since quite a bit of time and I have realized that apart from the awful animations the game has real depth in it the way it was made..The thing was that it wasn't really tweaked perfectly...Cricket 2007's AI paces it's innings in just one way which causes it to play like idiots sometimes not considering the match situation. So there needs to be more Else If used in the gameplay...The bowling speed should be realtime like in Cricket 07...Animations are probably the most important thing in a sports game so that needs to be real good too...And Cricket 07 is still alive for a reason the reason being it's very patchable...We could access the files easily and edit them but as of I know there are no separate AI files in Ashes Cricket 2009..So there should be a separate roster file and separate gameplay files not like Ashes 2009 where editing only the database file can bring a few minor changes in the gameplay..I hope this message would be passed on somehow to the developers...

I like Superfreddie's idea. This could very well be what any cricket game needs to make the batting exciting. But developers must not forget, bowling could be a lot of fun if implemented well. It should not be ignored at any cost.

3: The most exciting part of a cricket game for most is the batting, and the only way to make it exciting and realistic would be to have the bowling cursor appear on the pitch around the time the bowler releases the ball. This means as in real cricket you have a split second to decide what shot to play and where to try to play it. Also crucially we need to be able to adjust the time the cursor appears either side of the ball being released, if we could adjust this in the game settings then we could therefore adjust the difficulty level to suit ourselves.

Yes you are right and i feel this should me mapped with game settings and players attribute as well.

Yeah, I agree bowling is of upmost importance too and needs to be worked on, but for me my point about the bowling cursor appearing around the time the bowler releases the ball would probably take very little work in the programming of the game, I'm sure CHEIF could confirm this. I'm convinced it would have a hugely positive effect on the enjoyment and realism of the gameplay.

The idea would also give us the opportunity to tailor our own difficulty level if we were able to adjust the timing the cursor appears. I think we should be able to minutely adjust it by say 0.1 of a second each time, and have a window of maybe up to 4 seconds, that way we could make it as easy or as hard as we like. In previous games the only way to adjust difficulty was to adjust ai difficulty and it would either be too easy or too hard.

I hope some of you experienced cricket gamers read this idea and comment on it, because I have believed this could really make a huge difference for some time now.

Also I've heard some people say you shouldn't be able to just walk to the crease and hit a six. I think thats a ridiculous suggestion. I think it should be very hard to do but not impossible. I think IC10 had the aspects of the timing bar just about right and maybe just needed to be tweaked to be perfect.

Yeah, I agree bowling is of upmost importance too and needs to be worked on, but for me my point about the bowling cursor appearing around the time the bowler releases the ball would probably take very little work in the programming of the game, I'm sure CHEIF could confirm this. I'm convinced it would have a hugely positive effect on the enjoyment and realism of the gameplay.

Yep - for me the difficulty element needs to be two-fold:
1) The abilities of the opposition come from the team you're playing with and against (which you can pick yourself: If you want a tougher challenge in that regard play against South Africa with Ireland, for example...)
2) How many visual clues you get to read the ball being bowled should be adjustable, from easy (very early indications) medium (late warning) right through to Expert (no indication).

Again, these things are very hard to balance (I like the idea of it being user-customised though) bearing in mind the levels of ability of a wide variety of players.

Also I've heard some people say you shouldn't be able to just walk to the crease and hit a six. I think thats a ridiculous suggestion. I think it should be very hard to do but not impossible. I think IC10 had the aspects of the timing bar just about right and maybe just needed to be tweaked to be perfect.

Agreed x infinity. :)

I hope some of you experienced cricket gamers read this idea and comment on it, because I have believed this could really make a huge difference for some time now.

Yep this would be great if we could alter ourselves - as long as whatever setting you decide on, factors such as skill of batsman and bowler are taken into account when determining when cursor appears

e.g. - you set it to 1 second before ball is bowled to see cursor (default setting)

If you are star batsman you might get 1.5 seconds before ball is bowled. If tailender , get 0.8 seconds or whatever etc

Users who are viewing this thread