Third Test: Australia v England at Edgbaston

evertonfan

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Exactly. You Aussies are carrying on as though you never get the benefit of dodgy decisions! It has happened in the past, many, many times. So get over it, it's part of the game. :sarcasm

And apparently we're supposed to be the ones who whinge. :doh

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Anyone else hear the crowd singing about Bobby Robson before? Quality. What a man.
The Hollies stand is brilliant, that's where that singing came from. I was in there and with some game lads and gallons of beer it is a great place to be. Songs to the Aussies in there included 'God save YOUR queen', 'Take your s**t stars off our flag' and 'Stand up if you're one-nil up'. :D

I was glad to be there today, what a day. Sadly not there for the rest of the test. Missed the first two wickets because I was still getting to my seat! Broad is rubbish and needs to get out of the team. Flintoff is off the boil. Bopara deserves to stay.

On a side note I walked past Frank Skinner and Gladstone Small!

irottev

School Cricketer
Exactly. You Aussies are carrying on as though you never get the benefit of dodgy decisions! It has happened in the past, many, many times. So get over it, it's part of the game. :sarcasm

It's easy for you to say that, but in this instance it's gone beyond a few dodgy decisions. Basically any 50/50 decision and half the obvious ones are going against them. England are playing the better cricket - no one's taking that away, but Australia aren't helped by the shocking umpiring. If it was happening to England don't pretend you wouldn't be whining about it either. As a neutral i'm actually pretty appalled. Referals can't come soon enough really.

somersetargyle

School Cricketer
It's easy for you to say that, but in this instance it's gone beyond a few dodgy decisions. Basically any 50/50 decision and half the obvious ones are going against them. England are playing the better cricket - no one's taking that away, but Australia aren't helped by the shocking umpiring. If it was happening to England don't pretend you wouldn't be whining about it either. As a neutral i'm actually pretty appalled. Referals can't come soon enough really.

remind me how many lbws australia have dodged in this match and at cardiff - the only difference is we get the wicket anyway so it doesnt make a massive difference - the aussies are feeling a bit too hard done by in my opinion; its just cricket and the better team still tends to come off better

Anderson

School Cricketer
Who can we bring in for Ravi Bopara?

I like the look of Joe Denly but i don't think the fourth ashes test would be a good time to make your debut, as you'd be SO nervous. Rob Key perhaps? Can't think of anyone else.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
We can only hope history repeats itself here, pretty similar age of the ball is being used at the start of the days play. Hilfy for one badly needs the swing, hes been punished looking for swing.

Hooper

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
The Flog XI was really beaten today, good job you flogs.

Its really sad when your team is full of flogs, it makes it hard to support a team of flogs.

Shane Wat-I'm-not-injured?

Graham Mawho?

Mitchell "Mummys boy" Johnson

Just 3 great examples of our team.

nikhil_99

International Coach
Johnson to take 2 wickets before Tea and finish with 6 for the day. Mark my words.

Unfortunately he went wicketless yesterday....Aus desperately needs wickets here, Strauss looking good here,Eng still trail by 147 runs....

Raj_Aryan

Club Cricketer
Like Strauss said before the start of this match, Aus have lost hte aura which they had...really...

RoboRocks

Chairman of Selectors
We can only hope history repeats itself here, pretty similar age of the ball is being used at the start of the days play. Hilfy for one badly needs the swing, hes been punished looking for swing.

He'll fancy himself against Bell early tomorrow though. If Australia get a wicket or two early tomorrow then they are back in the game. Conditions should suit swing as long as the weather holds off.

nikhil_99

International Coach
Like Strauss said before the start of this match, Aus have lost hte aura which they had...really...

They lost to India,SA (at home and in SA),the lost OD iseries against India,yes they have been loosing ...

Users who are viewing this thread