Toyota F1 [F1 Challenge 2007]: Gulf Air Bahrain GP - Raikkonen on pole

Predict my F1 future

• Horrible season. Will get replaced by someone else during it.

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Not so horrible season but will get replaced by someone else next year.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Season good enough to hold a place in the team for next year

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Good season leading to an improved contract offer from Toyota next year

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • Good season and will get signed up by a bigger team next year

Votes: 3 20.0%

• Total voters
Your presentation Sid is fantastic - its such an enjoyable read, it's even making me want to play a F1 game again for the first time in years :cheers

The story is so great that non-posters like me even posted :p

Your presentation Sid is fantastic - its such an enjoyable read, it's even making me want to play a F1 game again for the first time in years :cheers

The story is so great that non-posters like me even posted :p

Despite reading tonnes of stories on here, it has to be said no one does them as well as Sid!

Makes my effort to start one look pathetic! Should hopefully be able to carry it on when I get some free time.

Makes my effort to start one look pathetic! Should hopefully be able to carry it on when I get some free time.

I had actually played this game (the last time) on my previous computer. I never knew a 2007 mod would be released and came to know through your thread. I actually spent a good 25-30 minutes searching for the CD I remember.

in the points in the first race well done although australia has a pretty easy track

Awesome race. Great battle between your team mate Trulli! Well done on getting your first point :)

Great presentation :clap

Congrads Sid for the first point.. Still, an extraordinary effort needed to come in top 5.. but its possible.. Gud luck for the next race.. i wud like to see a Ferrari dominations in 1/2 though :D Fantastic presentation as always Sid.. :hpraise

Yup, Hamilton was the best rookie in that race. Lets see what happens ahead.

I will be putting an update either tomorrow or day after. So stay tuned.

Sepang Test

30 March 2007

The Panasonic Toyota F1 Racing team conducted a four day test of its cars at Malaysia's Sepang Circuit which will host the next Formula 1 Grand Prix in 9 days time.

As per the FIA's testing agreements teams are only allowed to use one car at tests during the season.

Here are the results from all the four days:

Test Day 1: 27 March 2007

Driver: Franck Montagny
Best Lap: 1:37.651
Position: 9th

Test Day 2: 28 March 2007

Driver: Siddharth Kanjilal
Best Lap: 1:35.774
Position: 3rd

Test Day 3: 29 March 2007 (Conditions: Raining)

Driver: Jarno Trulli
Best Lap: 1:37.606
Position: 6th

Test Day 4: 30 March 2007

Driver: Jarno Trulli
Best Lap: 1:35.289
Position: 2nd

Last edited:
voldemort said:
Trulli still doing better...

Thats right. Although apart from second day's testing where I was involved, I autoplayed the sessions so the times are autogenerated. Now I will be bringing to you a slightly more in-depth look into my test day.

bannerjw8.jpg

Sepang Test Day 2 - 28th March 2007

It was the second day of the Sepang Test and today it was my turn to drive for the Toyota F1 team. Franck Montagny, who drove yesterday, put up a fastest lap time of 1:37.651 earning him ninth place out of eleven. Nico Rosberg had topped with a 1:35.577.

I had to battle the heat and humidity on a bright and sunny day here at Kuala Lumpur. We tried out different set-ups inorder to get the perfect answer for Sepang's sweeping fast corners and tight hairpins. My fastest laptime was a very impressive 1:35.774 which was third fastest behind the Mclaren of Pedro de la Rosa and the Williams of Nico Rosberg, who had topped the timings for the second day running.

p1am4.jpg

Nevertheless for me and the team it was a good day and we had a pretty clear idea about how the different set-ups and tires handled this track. Jarno Trulli would continue the testing over the next two days.

Final Timings:
1. Nico Rosberg (Williams F1) 1:35.402
2. Pedro de la Rosa (Mclaren Mercedes) 1:35.446
3. Siddharth Kanjilal (Toyota F1) 1:35.774
4. Nick Heidfeld (BMW Sauber) 1:35.892
5. Felipe Massa (Ferrari) 1:36.142
6. Jenson Button (Honda) 1:36.159
7. Heikki Kovalainen (Renault) 1:36.438
8. Scott Speed (Toro Rosso) 1:37.114
9. Antony Davidson (Super Aguri) 1:37.305
10. Robert Doornbos (Red Bull Racing) 1:37.828
11. Adrian Valles (Spyker F1) 1:37.896

Thats right. Although apart from second day's testing where I was involved, I autoplayed the sessions so the times are autogenerated. Now I will be bringing to you a slightly more in-depth look into my test day.

You probably know this, but be careful when you auto generate times because they are either a lot slower or a lot quicker than normal. I find it strange how that happens, but it is common in ISI engined racing games.

Interesting that we have fairly similar times for Sepang so far, despite using completely different mods! I did a 1:35.9 on the first day of testing. You're times were a couple of seconds quicker in Australia, so I was expecting similar in Malaysia.

Users who are viewing this thread