Transmission Closes Down

I think it's OK to reveal this now. After I had all the problems with the stuttering on my PC version, I received several PMs from Rob in which he personally tried to help me, so to say he doesn't care about the customer is a load of rubbish. :noway

Now, on the PC at least, the game is very good indeed.

I respect your opinion mate, but I have to disagree, I have the PC version and even patched it is a totally unrealistic experience,online it`s a slog fest,against the Computer it`s too easy, to bowl a good ball you have to bowl it full,the spinners get slogged all over the place,sometimes one batsman runs up to join the other batsman, other times you get run out when you are clearly in,,,thats just a few of the bugs ,if you think that this is a very good game ,then you are too easily pleased, don`t get me wrong it is playable in Ashes mode etc but only as arcade pick up and play,as a Cricket sim its a pile of old tosh.

I may sound heartless but I find it mental that some people are saying we should thank Transmission for making this game, why ? we bought the game at an inflated price,surely that`s thanks enough, and for it to need patching says the game was released long before it was ready, you would not thank a Macdonald`s Staff member for serving you an under cooked Big Mac would you?

Sucked in, these game developers are nothing but thieves bringing out garbage. They cant even get basic fundamentals right. The ironic and amusing aspect of al this is you dopes continue to purchase there products and them jump on your high horse and defend there mediocrity.

[sarcasm]I apologise. Next time I'll join you in showing how happy I am that a group of people have lost their jobs through no fault of their own. In fact, I'll throw a party and I'll invite you round, we'll have a great time! :banana2[/sarcasm]

:rtfl lol great idea actually....that way u will know what a party is...
The question still remains though....can u get Rob a job opportunity..Think it over..afterall u r a Global Moderator.
:banana2:sarcasm

I may sound heartless but I fond it mental that some people are saying we should thank Transmission for making this game, why ? we bought the game at an inflated price,surely that`s thanks enough, and for it to need patching says the game was released long before it was ready, you would not thank a Macdonald`s Staff member for serving you an under cooked Big Mac would you?

I respect your opinion and yes there are bugs which ruin it in some ways!... However personally ill take any cricket game as their so few lol!

People appreciated the communication between Transmission and the guys here. They showed willing and effort to try and do what they can to improve and now they have lost their jobs many people are gutted. Forget the game, these guys are now jobless. No matter what line of work your in, loosing your job is not a fun experience.

If Transmission has produced this game, had no communication, not intent of a patch, then the reaction would be totally different.

At the end of the day its a game, they tried, messed up on certain things... many loved other bits, and most people appreciated the hard work.

I personally would choose these guys to work on the next cricket title say rather than ea!

Tell you what, you go and make your own game, then you might actually have some sort of knowledge. These guys showed excellent customer care and I think the behaviour of some on here is despicable, you're all missing the point that a good team of developers are now looking for new jobs (which is the most important issue here). I suppose some will never get what being an adult is.

:rtfl lol great idea actually....that way u will know what a party is...
The question still remains though....can u get Rob a job opportunity..Think it over..afterall u r a Global Moderator.
:banana2:sarcasm
warm_cup_STFU-785776.jpg

See PC hypocrite now wants people banned for not toeing the PC line.
I thought this is democracy didn't know the Nazism is back here.

But what exactly are you achieving by just being........ plain rude, disrespectful and a total arse.

Come on guys what is going on here....take it easy with words you choose. its embarassing to see few of the comments. no need to be so heartless. if you are bitter inside by nature then keep it to your self. i hope TG dont give you guys patch anymore and then you can go buy another cricket game....oh sorry you cant! BECAUSE THERE IS NO OTHER CRICKET GAME. yes you can say what ever you like but dont say bitter stuff as that shows what kind of a person you are. keep on saying game was not good, game was not good. boo hoo

But what exactly are you achieving by just being........ plain rude, disrespectful and a total arse.

Let me guess...Nothing!!! Nothing good anyways....
But u started it...I wasn't exactly talking to u. I was just expressing my honest opinion. I am not the guy who pours buckets of tears for people I don't know. I didn't like Ashes and I was expressing my dis-satisfaction. U can continue being cocky or hang ur boots and call it a day(I am really afraid of Nazis btw ;))....Ur call...I never said I am not having any fun. :happy

Reopened.

Can I again state that Codemasters hired Transmission on a contract for Ashes Cricket and that how good or bad AC09 is/was did not have a direct impact on them shutting down, the game was funded by Codemasters, they are the ones who took the risk.

There are other threads to discuss how good the game is, there are plenty of other things to discuss in here. I'd ask that you refrain from being personal, the games were developed by many more people than just those who take the time to post here, and that personally attacking either members of PlanetCricket, or employees of Transmission is not acceptable.

I just got a reply from Heath. Here's what he had to say:

hsmith1978; said:
Hey mate,

Yes, Transmission Games is no more. Sorry, I can't comment further than that unfortunately, but just wanted to reply to say thanks to yourself and everyone else on the forums for your kind words and support during this time!

Cheers,

Heath

Yes Heath, we all are with you guys. Hope these troublesome times pass soon!

Reopened.

Can I again state that Codemasters hired Transmission on a contract for Ashes Cricket and that how good or bad AC09 is/was did not have a direct impact on them shutting down, the game was funded by Codemasters, they are the ones who took the risk.

There are other threads to discuss how good the game is, there are plenty of other things to discuss in here. I'd ask that you refrain from being personal, the games were developed by many more people than just those who take the time to post here, and that personally attacking either members of PlanetCricket, or employees of Transmission is not acceptable.

Hi there,

May I request you to please take a stand and put forward a solid request to the developers/publishers to release the console (ps3) patch as well, just like you took the right stand here by condemning people using abusive language. This goes to all senior members, moderators and especially those closely involved with developers/publishers.

I purchased this game not because it was the only cricket game in market, or had lot of future potential, but because I realised that those very bugs which were criticised of how they could have passed testing, and many more, were being fixed. This would have meant that in spite of this game not being the best value for money game, it would still have been a worthwhile purchase for cricket fans. I would feel ripped off if eventually the patch is not released for consoles due the their shutdown.

To all those who say or feel that patch was mere generosity and not a necessity, I request them to not encourage any future developers of cricket games, to release an unfinished product with utmost opportunistic mindset.

Users who are viewing this thread