Transmission Closes Down

Good news those crooks ran out of business. The quicker cutthroats run out of business the better. :happy
Rest assured AC10 would have had the same crap gameplay with zero improvement. Same hit everything for six BS. Thats the trademark of Codies. These guys are here to earn money and not to improve their product. The same old issues will come back to haunt us again. All they will do is degrade the gameplay by taking out any good element Ashes 09 had. Just change the packaging and fool people this is their motto. :mad:
I have more hope from Mindstorm and TAOC to provide us with improved product with each release because they are new to the scenario but not Codies or EA. Just my IMHO.:sarcasm

Truly pathetic attempt to to seek attention and "stand out". Mission Accomplished, mate. You do stand out now

vijayanand added 6 Minutes and 16 Seconds later...

Hey everyone is entitled to their own opinion. The game was ''pathetic'' when released, so in some ways they deserve to lose their jobs, i mean if this was a chef in a restaraunt and he made a s**t meal then he would certainly get the sack.

BUT on the other hand the chef decided to work hard and improve on his cooking skills, in other words they decided to make a patch and improve the game, so in some ways they don't deserve to lose their jobs.

Thats the way i see it.

But what really happened was that the Chef made a sub-par meal, and was working hard on it, but the restaurant shut down because it wasn't doing too well. So how exactly did the developers lose their jobs because of their performance (or lack of it) ?

Everyone who is saying that we got a poor product and a bad game must be freaking blind or have way too high expectations.

This is by far the best cricket game ever and I am talking about the pre-patch console version.

-360 Batting
-Catching System
- An actually fun bowling system
- Online play
- Customization and skill points

Patch or no patch I will be playing AC09 till my disk melts inside my ps3. There is no way I can go back to any previous cricket games after AC09 and I refuse to play any other games besides cricket. Those who want to trade AC09 in for another non-cricket game, well good riddance, leave the cricket for the big boys.

Everyone who is saying that we got a poor product and a bad game must be freaking blind or have way too high expectations.

This is by far the best cricket game ever and I am talking about the pre-patch console version.

-360 Batting
-Catching System
- An actually fun bowling system
- Online play
- Customization and skill points

Patch or no patch I will be playing AC09 till my disk melts inside my ps3. There is no way I can go back to any previous cricket games after AC09 and I refuse to play any other games besides cricket. Those who want to trade AC09 in for another non-cricket game, well good riddance, leave the cricket for the big boys.

Well said, my friend

I am staggered at some of the posts in here, some of you should be ashamed of yourselves. In all my time as a member here I've never felt quite so ashamed to actually be a member as I do now. These are peoples lives we're talking about. How the hell do you know how well off the guys who developed (remember, Transmission made this game, NOT Codemasters) the game are? Or whether they have jobs lined up? Or even that they don't care about what we think? They clearly did think a lot of our opinion because of what they were developing in conjunction with PC! Never in the history of cricket gaming (and very rarely in gaming in general) has a company worked so closely with a forum like this. What did they have to gain from the patch? Bugger all except our respect, but even then some of you would have found something to criticise and be ungrateful for.

I can't be bothered any more, I'll only post something that I'll regret. Maybe some of you should have shown similar restraint.

I am staggered at some of the posts in here, some of you should be ashamed of yourselves. In all my time as a member here I've never felt quite so ashamed to actually be a member as I do now. These are peoples lives we're talking about. How the hell do you know how well off the guys who developed (remember, Transmission made this game, NOT Codemasters) the game are? Or whether they have jobs lined up? Or even that they don't care about what we think? They clearly did think a lot of our opinion because of what they were developing in conjunction with PC! Never in the history of cricket gaming (and very rarely in gaming in general) has a company worked so closely with a forum like this. What did they have to gain from the patch? Bugger all except our respect, but even then some of you would have found something to criticise and be ungrateful for.

I can't be bothered any more, I'll only post something that I'll regret. Maybe some of you should have shown similar restraint.

Absolutely, tried to share the same view a few pages back but no one had it. I really dont care about the patch and I didnt think the game was that brilliant but still this is about peoples livelihood and im sure they all have familys to support and care alot more about that than releasing a patch at the moment. I hope they all manage to sort something out for themselves as they've showned dedication to the game and no one deserves to lose their job in these circumstances.

Some of you really should be ashamed of yourselves but what comes around goes around and it could be you in their position in the future.

Whats with this crying over Rob's misfortune thing? Huh!!!!
Rob has lost his job, the only way that loss can be fulfilled is with another job....not all of urs fake crocodile tears. The last thing Rob needs right now is people empathizing with him. If there is anything I hate, its fake empathy. Can any of u provide him with a job opportunity? I guess not!! So stop whining and let Rob solve his own problems.

And about Ashes Cricket 09 being a terrible game....it still stands. The game was a joke. Yorkers are good length....quit online and go Scot-free everything a spinner bowls disappears into the stands if u step out. Ridiculous!!! :mad:

Oh!! I more thing...patches are cover ups for messing things up in the first place. So, it doesn't count.

Rob has lost his job, the only way that loss can be fulfilled is with another job....not all of urs fake crocodile tears. The last thing Rob needs right now is people empathizing with him. If there is anything I hate, its fake empathy. Can any of u provide him with a job opportunity? I guess not!! So stop whining and let Rob solve his own problems.

And about Ashes Cricket 09 being a terrible game....it still stands. The game was a joke. Yorkers are good length....quit online and go Scot-free everything a spinner bowls disappears into the stands if u step out. Ridiculous!!! :mad:

Oh!! I more thing...patches are cover ups for messing things up in the first place. So, it doesn't count.

Well done at looking like an absolute bellend enjoy your attention.

And about Ashes Cricket 09 being a terrible game....it still stands. The game was a joke. Yorkers are good length....quit online and go Scot-free everything a spinner bowls disappears into the stands if u step out. Ridiculous!!!

Ah i get you, so you don't believe in the sympathy. Your more of a kick a man when hes down kinda guy?! You may see it as fake but alot of the lads on here have met Rob, communicated and followed closely the games developments....

Showing your thanks for their work and wishing them the best for the future, is the normal humane respectful thing to do.

Explain how you now slagging the game off is achieving anything??? If you hate the game so badly..... What on earth are you doing on Ashes Cricket Forum, or are you just a very bored person?

Ah i get you, so you don't believe in the sympathy. Your more of a kick a man when hes down kinda guy?! You may see it as fake but alot of the lads on here have met Rob, communicated and followed closely the games developments....

Showing your thanks for their work and wishing them the best for the future, is the normal humane respectful thing to do.

Explain how you now slagging the game off is achieving anything??? If you hate the game so badly..... What on earth are you doing on Ashes Cricket Forum, or are you just a very bored person?

What a typical politically correct hypocrite u r...kudos bro that takes some practice.

"Showing your thanks for their work and wishing them the best for the future, is the normal humane respectful thing to do."

Showing thanks for their work that got him fired and then wish a fantastic future to someone who has lost his job sounds rather cruel to me instead of humane to me. But suits u perfectly...go ahead and try it.

The most sensible post thus far, yes the game was/is a pile of arcadey bs,its not a realistic simulation just a slog fest,and all you people worrying about poor Rob...like he is poor he will probably have another job lined up, he couldn`t care less about us customers,spending our hard earnt cash on a sub standard game believe me.

We have all been ripped off,just accept it and move on.

I think it's OK to reveal this now. After I had all the problems with the stuttering on my PC version, I received several PMs from Rob in which he personally tried to help me, so to say he doesn't care about the customer is a load of rubbish. :noway

Now, on the PC at least, the game is very good indeed.

Showing thanks for their work that got him fired and then wish a fantastic future to someone who has lost his job sounds rather cruel to me instead of humane to me. But suits u perfectly...go ahead and try it.

Yeah but this is where your making yourself sound like a complete tit really!... They dint loose their jobs over Ashes Cricket!!

What a load of crap! They don't have to patch games, they chose to. Did EA patch their games? No. Did Codemasters patch BLIC 2007 last year? No.

i agree with stevie,some of the posts have been ridiculous and just shows how immature people can be.

What a typical politically correct hypocrite u r...kudos bro that takes some practice.

"Showing your thanks for their work and wishing them the best for the future, is the normal humane respectful thing to do."

[sarcasm]I apologise. Next time I'll join you in showing how happy I am that a group of people have lost their jobs through no fault of their own. In fact, I'll throw a party and I'll invite you round, we'll have a great time! :banana2[/sarcasm]

Users who are viewing this thread