Triangular Tournment : Ind VS SL VS Ban

Params7

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Kohli will have to wait for his permanent spot in the team until 2012-13 or so..by the time when Tendulkar would retire.

Sehwag
Tendulkar
Gambhir
Yuvraj
Dhoni
Raina
(Bonus hitter like Bhajji or Pathan bros)
Jadeja

Our batting for 2011 World Cup

Only change I would make in this list is exchange Raina for Dravid and demote Gambhir to No.4 but that's not happening =/
Kohli can't bowl, and Jadeja has shown he's capable of batting in the lower end. So Jadeja and Kohli aren't even fighting for the same spot, I don't see why Kohli scoring centuries means Jadeja has to leave.

Last edited:

khalek

Panel of Selectors
Really liked the performance of the team in the series, unfortunately we couldn't bowl first in any of the matches.

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag
India
Kohli will have to wait for his permanent spot in the team until 2012-13 or so..by the time when Tendulkar would retire.

Sehwag
Tendulkar
Gambhir
Yuvraj
Dhoni
Raina
(Bonus hitter like Bhajji or Pathan bros)
Jadeja

Our batting for 2011 World Cup

Only change I would make in this list is exchange Raina for Dravid and demote Gambhir to No.4 but that's not happening =/
Kohli can't bowl, and Jadeja has shown he's capable of batting in the lower end. So Jadeja and Kohli aren't even fighting for the same spot, I don't see why Kohli scoring centuries means Jadeja has to leave.

I think Ishant might be back by the 2011 WC so we're looking at

Virender Sehwag
Sachin Tendulkar
Gautam Gambhir
Yuvraj Singh
Virat Kohli
+*MS Dhoni
Suresh Raina
Harbhajan Singh
Zaheer Khan
Sreesanth
Ishant Sharma

Subs: Ravindra Jadeja, Sudeep Tyagi, Dinesh Karthik, Pragyan Ojha

Jadeja will be out because Dhoni seems to trust Yuvraj's bowling a bit more for now and certainly seems keen on bowling him for an entire 10 overs. More importantly, Yuvraj hasn't been disappointing him either.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
With Yuvraj, Raina and Sehwag as the 5th bowling options, I see Kohli always having the edge over Jadeja (unless Jadeja does exceedingly well to stay afloat). In India, a batsman gets more preference if he has done really well and Kohli has done that.

spaga1994

Club Cricketer
wow just been looking at Virat Kohli's stats on cricinfo and jeez he's going to be an absolute legend averaging over 50 in every form (except 20/20)

and although he hasnt played alot of first class games or alot of OD games at the age of 21 he's going to be an absolute gun

Virat Kohli | Cricket Players and Officials | Cricinfo.com

Edit: Not as good as Sir Phillip Joel Hughes though;)

Last edited:

Cricketman

ICC Chairman
Well since this is the last season before the 2011 WC I think these 20 or so players that have been active in our ODI arena are likely to play in the WC. I would try and give Tiwary and Nayar a shot sometime this year in ODIs.

Leggie

Chairman of Selectors
It will be a nice change if the team bowling second win. All the matches so far have been one sided - win the toss, win the match. If it happens again, well shucks. That's disappointing.

nikhil_99

International Coach
When Tendulkar and Sehwag will be back in ODi team, possibly Raina might be dropped, becuase Kholi is in good form

deepuparayil

International Cricketer
Srilanka won the toss but here is the twist,India gonna win this for sure.

Chetan0304

Chairman of Selectors
SL wins the toss and favors themselves with a high chance of winning this game.

I hope i m wron :(

TumTum

International Cricketer
Ok so SL won the toss and decided to win. Not a bad choice imo. ;)

Seriously why don't the matches start in the morning? Then we can bypass the dew factor.

Users who are viewing this thread