Tutsi's A.I. Patch v6.0

Thanks for the help, the patch is great I've really enjoyed playing it in my Test series V pakistan. The defensive shot bug that we mentioned earlier is still there when you bowl with a spinner and they play a defensive shot. This time instead of it going high and far in the air, it shoots along the ground, really quick and the CPU can steal the odd single, especially when the standard misfields happen. The ball should just loop to a bat pad man, or short of him, or just behind him obviously depending on the spin etc.

Other than that it's a fine patch and I cant wait to bowl again in the next test :D

danielcloete said:
I guess I just didn't use it enough with the previous patch to realise that it is such an easy shot. But anyway, if you get that other people feel the same way about it, I would appreciate it if you can make it more difficult.

Thanks

ya sure, btw all the shots have the same difficulty values.

its a matter of being comfortable wth a particular shot.

its like i can time the straight and on-drive six hit shots very well but i just cant time the off-drive and cover drive six hit shot.

see what i mean.

wifler said:
Thanks for the help, the patch is great I've really enjoyed playing it in my Test series V pakistan. The defensive shot bug that we mentioned earlier is still there when you bowl with a spinner and they play a defensive shot. This time instead of it going high and far in the air, it shoots along the ground, really quick and the CPU can steal the odd single, especially when the standard misfields happen. The ball should just loop to a bat pad man, or short of him, or just behind him obviously depending on the spin etc.

Other than that it's a fine patch and I cant wait to bowl again in the next test :D

ya, i'll about it.

if its still there, i'll re-do this shot compeltely.

Guys there has been very less support for my patches recently. I'l see soo many downlaods but only 5% of u care to put up a reply or comment. Thats very disappointing.

I've just tried this having not played C2k5 since July and I've got some questions.
Should I be able to play the square drive cos I can't on front and back foot?
I keep getting a sweepshot instead of a leg glance and getting out lbw. Any tips?
I can't seem to hit any short balls. I always get struck by it. What's the best shot to play?
Are there any safe shots to play to yorkers or just defend like C2k2 and 4? I can't even get the advance shot to work.
I'm getting a lot of inside edges onto the stumps when I'm playing the spinners. Also I can't hit the ball when they're bowling!!!

I realise most of these are me not having played for a longtime but I thought here was as good a place to ask for help as anywhere...
Like the patch though; lack of shot variety was one of the reasons I stopped playing C2k5 and this is much better.

hey tutsi, i installed your 3.1 and suddenly the bowling cursor is huge when i'm bowling with bowlers like shoaib akhtar and stuff. I am most comfortable with this patch but only thing buggin' me is the huge curson takin' half the pitch. How can I fix that?

i put the bowling file in the main folder, loaded the game, cursor is still humongous

souljah said:
i put the bowling file in the main folder, loaded the game, cursor is still humongous

Guess this is just a matter of opinion. Try bowling w it and see what happens. You might be surprised, once you get used to it.

barmyarmy said:
I've just tried this having not played C2k5 since July and I've got some questions.
Should I be able to play the square drive cos I can't on front and back foot?
I keep getting a sweepshot instead of a leg glance and getting out lbw. Any tips?
I can't seem to hit any short balls. I always get struck by it. What's the best shot to play?
Are there any safe shots to play to yorkers or just defend like C2k2 and 4? I can't even get the advance shot to work.
I'm getting a lot of inside edges onto the stumps when I'm playing the spinners. Also I can't hit the ball when they're bowling!!!

I realise most of these are me not having played for a longtime but I thought here was as good a place to ask for help as anywhere...
Like the patch though; lack of shot variety was one of the reasons I stopped playing C2k5 and this is much better.

ya, the patch has really really changed over the time.

maybe ur still into BLIC which is making life hard in cricket 2005.

ntn is wrong in the patch in respect to the probs u have mentions about the sweep and leg-glance. maybe ur still using the same keys u sed for blic which is causing the confusion.

my advice.....practise in the nets without any patch......once perfected....apply my patch and practise and then play wth my patch in game.

10-15 minz in the nets in more than ebough to get u rolling.

try tht n tell me.

souljah said:
hey tutsi, i installed your 3.1 and suddenly the bowling cursor is huge when i'm bowling with bowlers like shoaib akhtar and stuff. I am most comfortable with this patch but only thing buggin' me is the huge curson takin' half the pitch. How can I fix that?

well the bowling cursor has been increased in this 3.1 but its not THAT BIG and shouldnt cover half the pitch.

try to get ur config files right.

Just tried your Patch, to see why so many use it (and ignore mine).

Have to say batting is insanely easy (for my liking), I was scoring at 9 runs per over in a Test match without slogging. Almost every straight drive went for 4 (especially the one which is hit into the ground and back past the bowler).

It also seems you can leg-glance balls on off-stump, whilst standing out-side legstump :eek:

Have to say i like what you've done regarding leg-stump yorkers, they realisticly hard to score off.

I also see that the defensive shot bug is there. (It might not be considered a bug by anyone but me). It when you try to defend a ball on offstump using the front foot def shot, and the batmen "lunges" down the line of legstump, and you are bowled. (PS: i've solved that bug in my patch, will tell you how if you like)

Eddie said:
Just tried your Patch, to see why so many use it (and ignore mine).

Have to say batting is insanely easy (for my liking), I was scoring at 9 runs per over in a Test match without slogging. Almost every straight drive went for 4 (especially the one which is hit into the ground and back past the bowler).

It also seems you can leg-glance balls on off-stump, whilst standing out-side legstump :eek:

Have to say i like what you've done regarding leg-stump yorkers, they realisticly hard to score off.

I also see that the defensive shot bug is there. (It might not be considered a bug by anyone but me). It when you try to defend a ball on offstump using the front foot def shot, and the batmen "lunges" down the line of legstump, and you are bowled. (PS: i've solved that bug in my patch, will tell you how if you like)

its really good to see a reply from u on my thread.

all ur comments are greatly welcomed.

Well its very hard to strike a good balance so tht u dont find batting that difficult but on the other hand ur not able to smack every ball.

I'm working on sumthing which may cure this problem in my upcomming 4.0 patch.

Well the "bug" ur mentioning is NOT a bug, well as u know c2005 usued many animations for the same shot, so in tht animation.....if ur standing outside leg stump then u MAY miss the ball by a whisker and get bowled.

Well its very hard to strike a good balance so tht u dont find batting that difficult but on the other hand ur not able to smack every ball.

Tell me about it..i wish there was a way to make the fields bigger then we could runs 2's and 3's.

Tutsi in the bug fix patch please do make the outfileds slower than they are now along with fixing the defensive push.This is really one thing which will be very good.

hey tutsi...after trying all other patches ive come to find this one as my favorite so far...outfield is perfect...in test matches batting is very realistic, not getting many edges when im bowling though...
only problem i have so far is i keep getting out caught at square leg playing the leg glance. otherwise your patch works fine :)

Users who are viewing this thread