Tutsi's A.I. Patch v6.0

gonzo99 said:
So please understand that any comments I post about your patch will be from playing with your patch unmixed, otherwise they are worthless and will not help you to get accurate feedback to make the next patch even better. As I get more used to how your patch plays I know I am gonna enjoy it more and more :)

ditto, thats the way i want it.

a review on a mixed patch is not helpfull at all.

There is a big confusion as to how the batting should be. U guys say that there are too many 4s so the outfield and power should be lowered to reduce tht.

Then when i did that, u guys are saying that batting is difficult and the shots and less power. Thats the only was to stop the 4s. Personally i do not think my patch is tht difficult to bat wth coz i play wth it and find is just about right...a balanced one.

So, it should be cleared by u guys as to what do u guys want.

If u want sumthing between the 2 things, then i think its very much impossible to get tht coz of the speed of the fielders playing a big part.

So....?

hey tutsi , i played few overs wid ur patch in a test match, movement of the ball after pitching at d seam is sooo rare...i tried it in green wicket, and there is absolutely no movement..c if u can recitify that...hav played just 7 overs, will let u know more :)

The batting for this patch seems pretty good so far.

I am getting a reasonable proportion of boundaries with non-slog shots. I can increase these by trying the slog, but obviously it increases the liklihood of getting out (as it should be).

I even hooked (!) a six :D . I'm playing as Australia V England in England (Trent Bridge) normal pitch (Hard level), and Harmison bowled a bouncer at Hayden (Haydens first ball, after Langer had dot balled 4 balls then taken a single off the first over) and I must've timed it perfectly because it sailed over wide fine leg. I was amazed to hit one so early in his innings but these things do happen I guess. For the remainder of his innings though (he got 36 off about 60 balls) I couldn't middle one hook! :( But he was hitting some lovely sqaure drives for four, and he hit one gorgeous straight drive off the back foot between the non striker and the stumps.

So yeah I think the batting looks spot on. I have to to say, I didn't post a respectable total because I was getting a little impatient, but for the opening stand of about 52 I batted sensibly. The run rate was not excessive, and Langer who went first was caught nicely in the slips off Harmison.

I have tried the bowling as well. Looks ok, but to be honest I just think I'm impatient - because I love to bat more - but the innings seemed to be nicely paced with them taking good care and attention after Clarke nipped out Tresco and Strauss after a stand of about 40 odd.....I then auto'd it for the remainder as I wanted to bat. I did expect to get at least 1 or 2 wickets with McGrath and Lee (opened with them) bowling on a normal pitch but nothing came, however, the batters were not scoring heavily either....

I know I'm impatient with the bowling but to me it looks pretty good.

So yes, Tutsi, to play your patch on its own was good fun. I just wish I had more time to play it....what with work family etc getting in the way!!! :p

ajayganesh said:
hey tutsi , i played few overs wid ur patch in a test match, movement of the ball after pitching at d seam is sooo rare...i tried it in green wicket, and there is absolutely no movement..c if u can recitify that...hav played just 7 overs, will let u know more :)

well the seam movement, just like in all other previous version, is controlled by the game only. i can only tweak the amount of movement, but i cannot tweak as to how often the ball will move. so sorry buddy, no one can change that.

Skidman said:
The batting for this patch seems pretty good so far.

I am getting a reasonable proportion of boundaries with non-slog shots. I can increase these by trying the slog, but obviously it increases the liklihood of getting out (as it should be).

I even hooked (!) a six :D . I'm playing as Australia V England in England (Trent Bridge) normal pitch (Hard level), and Harmison bowled a bouncer at Hayden (Haydens first ball, after Langer had dot balled 4 balls then taken a single off the first over) and I must've timed it perfectly because it sailed over wide fine leg. I was amazed to hit one so early in his innings but these things do happen I guess. For the remainder of his innings though (he got 36 off about 60 balls) I couldn't middle one hook! :( But he was hitting some lovely sqaure drives for four, and he hit one gorgeous straight drive off the back foot between the non striker and the stumps.

So yeah I think the batting looks spot on. I have to to say, I didn't post a respectable total because I was getting a little impatient, but for the opening stand of about 52 I batted sensibly. The run rate was not excessive, and Langer who went first was caught nicely in the slips off Harmison.

I have tried the bowling as well. Looks ok, but to be honest I just think I'm impatient - because I love to bat more - but the innings seemed to be nicely paced with them taking good care and attention after Clarke nipped out Tresco and Strauss after a stand of about 40 odd.....I then auto'd it for the remainder as I wanted to bat. I did expect to get at least 1 or 2 wickets with McGrath and Lee (opened with them) bowling on a normal pitch but nothing came, however, the batters were not scoring heavily either....

I know I'm impatient with the bowling but to me it looks pretty good.

So yes, Tutsi, to play your patch on its own was good fun. I just wish I had more time to play it....what with work family etc getting in the way!!! :p

ya, its good to hear tht u've got the hang of the batting as well.

ofcourse there can be couple of things which may need to be tweaks, which will be the next version.

keep the reviews comming.....

My review of Tutsi 3.0 patch

England user vs South Africa A
Hard pitch
Overcast
at Southampton

I won the toss and put them into bat and started with Gough and Harmison. I was using Boss's updated field settings and found that they worked better than the original ones. Anyway...

Innings:
1st over -15th over
With the field rstrictions its hard to find a fiedl which stops boundaries, this is good because its a problem that captains in real life face, moreover the batsmen take all the quick singles butalso hit a 4 amongst them. Therefore you end up with 8 -10 runs coming of each over and batsmen flying ahead.

15th over - 25th over
With the fiedl restriction over itenables you to produce fiedls which can restric batsmen. With the batsmen in with high confidence itis the mostimportanttime because they have to change how they were batting because hitting boundaries is far more difficult. As a result you see far more singles just like the real game and now only 4-6runs coming of each over.

25th over - 45th over
This is the point were the game begins to slow down with the bastmen hinting few boudaries and picking up only the singles. This period is when fewest wickets fall but time for the batsmen in to accumulate some runs. In my game B.Dippenaar and A.Prince set about this challenge and i think they put on 97 runs.

45th over - 50th over
now the game gets exciting all of a sudden everything is getting hit hard in attempts to get boundaries, if you dont change your field you can see a few overs of above 10 runs. (what happened to me when i didn't change the field) Batsmen often loose their wicket showever but the new batsmen doesn't waste his time and anything thee to be hit goes. in my match A.Hall smahsed 17 of 9 balls hitting a huge 6 with the hook shot. if you bowl good yorkers and stop them scoring however you find yourself taking quick wickets and slowing them down.

Final innings score 302 allout 49.2 overs

overall it seems a graet patch, it captures alot of the real game into your match and is very realistic. keep it up.

tjh1989 said:
My review of Tutsi 3.0 patch

England user vs South Africa A
Hard pitch
Overcast
at Southampton

I won the toss and put them into bat and started with Gough and Harmison. I was using Boss's updated field settings and found that they worked better than the original ones. Anyway...

Innings:
1st over -15th over
With the field rstrictions its hard to find a fiedl which stops boundaries, this is good because its a problem that captains in real life face, moreover the batsmen take all the quick singles butalso hit a 4 amongst them. Therefore you end up with 8 -10 runs coming of each over and batsmen flying ahead.

15th over - 25th over
With the fiedl restriction over itenables you to produce fiedls which can restric batsmen. With the batsmen in with high confidence itis the mostimportanttime because they have to change how they were batting because hitting boundaries is far more difficult. As a result you see far more singles just like the real game and now only 4-6runs coming of each over.

25th over - 45th over
This is the point were the game begins to slow down with the bastmen hinting few boudaries and picking up only the singles. This period is when fewest wickets fall but time for the batsmen in to accumulate some runs. In my game B.Dippenaar and A.Prince set about this challenge and i think they put on 97 runs.

45th over - 50th over
now the game gets exciting all of a sudden everything is getting hit hard in attempts to get boundaries, if you dont change your field you can see a few overs of above 10 runs. (what happened to me when i didn't change the field) Batsmen often loose their wicket showever but the new batsmen doesn't waste his time and anything thee to be hit goes. in my match A.Hall smahsed 17 of 9 balls hitting a huge 6 with the hook shot. if you bowl good yorkers and stop them scoring however you find yourself taking quick wickets and slowing them down.

Final innings score 302 allout 49.2 overs

overall it seems a graet patch, it captures alot of the real game into your match and is very realistic. keep it up.

looks like an aamzing match u had there.....

waiting for ur batting review....

Hi again Tutsi,

I'm still trying to get the hang of batting in 3.0, and have to say i was finding the batting settings back in 2.1 easier for me to pick up. I'd regard myself as an average sort of gamer in regards to ability.

I understand your point about an answer as to what people want in the power settings, but I do sometimes fear the "average" ability gamers will get left behind as the pro gamers keep calling for the power to be reduced because they spend most of their day playing and mastering each patch as it's released.

I've picked up a couple of wickets to bat pad catches when bowling, something that had been sorely lacking. Full marks again!

Heyado

heyado said:
Hi again Tutsi,

I'm still trying to get the hang of batting in 3.0, and have to say i was finding the batting settings back in 2.1 easier for me to pick up. I'd regard myself as an average sort of gamer in regards to ability.

I understand your point about an answer as to what people want in the power settings, but I do sometimes fear the "average" ability gamers will get left behind as the pro gamers keep calling for the power to be reduced because they spend most of their day playing and mastering each patch as it's released.

I've picked up a couple of wickets to bat pad catches when bowling, something that had been sorely lacking. Full marks again!

Heyado

even if u had mastered my 2.1 on hard, i recommend playing on easy/normal mode wth my 3.0 to get a better hang of things.

tutsi would this be okay if u could show me how to increase the shot power and directions of shots. also to increase edges, caughts, bowled and lbws. most of the shots i would like to increase and the direction so l can score more boundaries and more edges, caught in different positions, and bowled and lbws. i am willing to learn. i have read the tutorial and i don't really underatand it. would this be a problem or am l broken the rules. could u please help me.

robertporter said:
tutsi would this be okay if u could show me how to increase the shot power and directions of shots. also to increase edges, caughts, bowled and lbws. most of the shots i would like to increase and the direction so l can score more boundaries and more edges, caught in different positions, and bowled and lbws. i am willing to learn. i have read the tutorial and i don't really underatand it. would this be a problem or am l broken the rules. could u please help me.

well learning patching is far more difficult than anybody thinks it is.

i starting patching from the days of cricket 2002 and i'm still learning.

if we understood it 100%, we would have created the perfect patch long before.

it seems as if we are still trying. :D

Tutsi your patch is great but there are too many wides. Look at this pic. 47 wides in a twenty 20 match!

Attachments

• cric2005.JPG
    cric2005.JPG
    80.2 KB · Views: 61
kush said:
Tutsi your patch is great but there are too many wides. Look at this pic. 47 wides in a twenty 20 match!

:eek:

I'm very surprised, I thought the new patch would be over such minor issues.

kush said:

Are you using Tutsi's bowling patch for batting? Tutsi has included two sets of configs - one for batting and one for bowling!

Tutsi, your 3.0 patch is the best patch i have played. Very realistic!

I have been trying all the patrches released to date (not just yours). This one i have played now for a few weeks, and i am immensly pleased with its realism. I play on hard and on every type of pitch. However, i only play test matches. I have not yet tried the bowling patch, i use autoplay, although in the past i have bowled a lot and enjoy it, i once bowled 150 overs striaght. The only adjustment i would like to see, is more fine edges from early in the innings when the batsmen is not set, these do not always have to carry. I saw an earlier patch do this, so i know it can be done. I would love to see massive seam deviation from a green wicket and a little from normal pitches with none on hard pitches. I read your comment that you can not make the ball seam more often. fair enough. but an increase in the chance of edges (not a lot more, say another 10%) on a green wicket would be great. I can bat comfortably with the NZ openers of Vincent and Fleming to about 60-70 partnership (i suck against spin).

so for batting on hard setting the patch is superb, just make green pitches more wicked to bat on, i can use gamchanger to adjust the pitch as the match goes on. A few extra edges on green when playing coverdrives and defensive shots (when low confidence). Basically i feel it should almost be 30% chance to edge a coverdrive if you have no or very low confidence) Also i reackon about a 10% chance to edge a defensive shot. Of course once the batsman is set it should revert to how you have it now.

9.5/10. (and im a very hard marker)

:D

Users who are viewing this thread