Unofficial Buildup to the 2010/11 Ashes

Sledging is taking on a new level.

You wouldn't want to get him fired up in case he comes good. Probably a very good idea to leave him alone with his poor form.

The sledging is hotting up now Finn said today he planned to make Ponting look like a 3rd XI player when he gets a go at him.

Lol at the title of that article. If anything Finn is praising Ponting not challenging him.

Yeah I realised that after I'd posted. Gave it a quick glance and thought that he was saying something else but on second read it is quite complimentary.

Steven Finn vows to treat Ricky Ponting like a third XI club cricketer | The Sun |Sport|Cricket

"But I don't care who it is - a club third XI player or Ponting - I like to think I do things the same."

Says he's going to treat him like a third XI player anyway. I think he's a bit misguided if he thinks he can treat Ponting like a third XI player to be honest.
It's about execution. If a bowler tries to bowl abnormally to a top player, they weaken their ability to carry the plan out. Having simple plans you can actually effect is better than having profound plans that are just impossible to perform. Going off the deep end is where a lot of young players fail in their initial moves in international cricket.

And he's been picked for his country, so rather than assume he's going to bowl like an average 3rd XI cricketer, let's assume he's much too good for them.

The point is a sensible one, the failing is that it's a Sun article.

I'm just worried that if he treats him like a third XI batsmen he'll fall into the trap of trying to bounce him out all the time.

Yeah like that doesn't work on... wait a minute! Ricky Ponting, are you third XI batsmen in disguise?

Haha

I'm worried he'll become to obsessed with trying to bounce himm out anyway. For me first up you've got to go full to Ponting only when he's settled should you start throwing some bouncers down.

Haha

I'm worried he'll become to obsessed with trying to bounce himm out anyway. For me first up you've got to go full to Ponting only when he's settled should you start throwing some bouncers down.

Personally I believe trying to bounce him out early is the better choice. Once he gets in he will murder the short balls.

I believe Ponting weakness is bouce because i remember last year or two year ago, (i not sure) West India bowler bowl at him and they did bowl bouce him out a lot time

Users who are viewing this thread