Unofficial Buildup to the 2010/11 Ashes

Sky currently showing highlights of the last Ashes test at the Oval, and I'd completely forgotten Harmison played in the final test! Prior's keeping was absolutely fantastic in the test that at the Oval.

It's just pumped me right up for the this Ashes coming up!

Yep you can actually see the ball now :D

Anybody here seen cricket in 3D yet?

Have seen IPL Season 3 final match in theater in 3D :yes

It was an awesome experience :)

We'll get the full coverage for every match for the first time EVER!

actually we use to get the full coverage every time from channel 9, although I remember the commentators saying "we now say goodbye to the WA viewers...". Kinda silly that there isn't a seperate sports channel until now.

actually we use to get the full coverage every time from channel 9, although I remember the commentators saying "we now say goodbye to the WA viewers...". Kinda silly that there isn't a seperate sports channel until now.

We? Don't you live in Auckland?

Well CH9 had a lot of interruptions, such as the tweaking News at 6 o'clock with only 30 minutes left to go before close of play :mad:

We? Don't you live in Auckland?

Well CH9 had a lot of interruptions, such as the flinging News at 6 o'clock with only 30 minutes left to go before close of play :mad:

Plus During the Adelaide test play goes to 7pm Easter Time ( including the now customary extra half hour tagged on to each day to fit in the overs) , we get cut off at 6pm, except for sometimes on the weekends. Perth test we miss out on half hour before tea every day while the news comes on too.

The various states here in Oz didnt used to get the same coverage, due to time differences and the news etc. If you were overseas you wouldnt know the crap we've put up with from ch 9 over the years. For instance, when Hayden made his 380 he was unbeaten on 189* at stumps, here in Melbourne we got cut off at 100*, never saw the rest. All changed now thank god.

So what do you think the Ashes attack will look like? Siddle seems to be getting back to his best, Bollinger will have one Shield match to push his claim. Pretty sure they will be fighting out for the 3rd seamer spot as Hilfy did enough to lock his one. Batting wise at least North is making runs in domestic cricket, more than could be said last season.

Siddle in the 12, its either him or Hauritz, assuming Dougie is fit. Think i'd like someone else than Watson as the 4th seamer though......

Would make it a lot easier for the selectors too. An inform Siddle plus Bollinger looks a lot better than Siddle/Bollinger plus Hauritz.

If the pitch is green I'm all for it. If it's a pitch that will take more than 80 overs to bowl them out, we should play Hauritz.

Users who are viewing this thread